WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Need 30 posts for Gear swap?

I'm getting a message that I need 30 posts to start a new thread in the gear swap (I have something to sell). I see others, even brand new members, with 1, 2 etc posts that are starting threads to sell things there. Am I missing something?

I understand wanting a post minimum to reap the benefits of selling. I'm confused on the rules though. Thanks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JFKinYK View Post
    I'm getting a message that I need 30 posts to start a new thread in the gear swap (I have something to sell). I see others, even brand new members, with 1, 2 etc posts that are starting threads to sell things there. Am I missing something?

I understand wanting a post minimum to reap the benefits of selling. I'm confused on the rules though. Thanks.
    Donating members can post immediately ($10 donation) I believe. Link to donate via paypal is on the home page. I believe the restriction is meant to keep WB from being overrun by people with no other connection to the site from using the site as a free marketplace. And FWIW, $10 is cheaper than ebay's cut on a sale of any reasonable amount of gear.

This gives you donating members privileges for one year.
    This is a yearly donation for WhiteBlaze.net
    Your extended privileges include:
    • All Google ads are removed
    • Can edit your own post for up to 15 days
    • Upgrade your PM storage to 200 PM's
    • Upload your own custom avatar
    • Can us an animated avatar
    • A portion of your donation will go to the ATC
    • Waiver the 30 post limit required before posting in the "Selling Used Gear" forum
    • Can add up to 100 threads on your thread ignore listing
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Thank you! I could have found that out with some more looking around.

I find it ironic that I can buy items from members, but when I want to offer up a good deal to the community, I can't. Nothing is perfect though. Thanks again.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JFKinYK View Post
    Thank you! I could have found that out with some more looking around.

I find it ironic that I can buy items from members, but when I want to offer up a good deal to the community, I can't. Nothing is perfect though. Thanks again.
    We did that for spamming reasons.
    At one time we had people coming to the forums and posting their gear for sale and they would also post the same item on other locations all over the internet. When their gear sold they would not come back and mark it as sold in the thread here. It turned into a mini garage sale are for them.

We do not want people coming to the forums and turning it into their own garage sale or just mass selling gear. The main reason for the forums is to participate in threads.

We understand that people want to sell used gear and that is not the issue. It was people selling gear and trying to make a business out of selling used gear.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

1 of 30.lol

Yeah. I'm at 20 now! Trying to be useful and not clutter up the forum with useless stuff.

++ New Posts ++