WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I'll have to take your word for that. I can pass a pencil under the shoulders of my Gregory, but I still feel a bit of pressure on them from tie to time, and after 10+ miles in a day, I can feel that my shoulders have been carrying SOME weight, even if it's small.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I 100% assure you I can pass a pencil under my shoulder straps most of the time If I want. That is what a hipbelt and frame do carrying UL loads.

touching chest doesnt put weight on shoulders.

If you cant adjust your pack to do this at least statically (things often drop and work way down when walking), your torso length is quite a bit too short or you wear your belt too low.

Above 25lbs, my pack does too, sags and starts to drop wt onto shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by CHILL_TX View Post
    I call BS. No way is there absolutely zero weight on your shoulders. For that to happen, your shoulder straps would not be touching your shoulders or chest in any way.
    The key to transferring weight to the hips with a frameless pack is to ensure your pack is sized properly for the amount of gear you are carrying.

As long as you've completely fill the pack tight, it will remain rigid on your back and act like a rigid frame.

Anybody have any experience with a Hyperlight Mountain Gear Windrider?

Something simple, light, comfortable, capacity depending on amount of gear, amount you are willing to spend, and depending on how you feel durability but its all about what works for YOU and doesnt matter what anyone else says.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++