WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Wyoming Resupply Options?

I want to do West Yellowstone to Twin Lakes, CO.

Trying to come up with a basic resupply, but what am I missing?

1) West Yellowstone
    2) Old Faithful
    3) Jackson (I'm going through Grand Teton NP)
    4) South Pass City
    5) Rawlins
    6) Not sure
    7) Steamboat

After that I'm not too worried in CO.

Or should I just suck it up and pay $40 for Yogi's book?

Encampment
    Atlantic City
    S Pass City
    Big Sandy Lodge
    Dubois
    Togowotee Lodge ?
    Muddy gap

Check out Peanut Eaters and Yogi's in town and resupply beta. Yogi updates her guides somewhat regularly.

Since the CDT isn't a trail set in stone, alternates are allowed and encouraged, and new alternates are hopefully created and shared every yr, each CDTers resupply can be different. For instance, there's more than one way through Yellowstone NP, how and where one enters Y NP, multiple routes through the WRR section, multiple 'who knows what you're going to do around Jackson' routes, etc.

You have to decide if you're doing the loop further into Rocky Mt NP, ...etc. Get maps that show various routes. I still like Jonathan Ley's well done with notes on the maps mapset for this. I like that he updates his maps pretty much yrly too. As far as I know, which means I don't know all the map sets currently available in excruciating detail, Ley's CDT mapset still has the most mount of different routes on a CDT mapset. Lots of work in his mapset offered at a super affordable generous donation.

Pinedale is also an option, though it's a pretty long way off trail. Still, it's a lovely hike and the trailhead is super busy so you should be able to get a ride to town easily.

We did Rawlins, Lander, Big Sandy, Dubois, Cooke City and Gardiner (alternate Yellowstone Route) on our 2nd hike and Old Faithful, Dubois, Big Sandy, Atlantic City and Rawlins on our 1st hike.

Images

I stopped by Big Sandy on a Wy hike last year. Very convenient to the trail but that would be a mail drop. They did have a deleicious breakfast.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Try Chilton Tippin’s free and basic town guide. More bare bones than Yogi's guide if you want just straight up info.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

++ New Posts ++