WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hi Tipi

great info and suggestions..thanks

also
    which Arcteryx fleece jacket are you using?

Delta LT?
    Delta AR?

other?

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    hi Tipi

great info and suggestions..thanks

also
    which Arcteryx fleece jacket are you using?

Delta LT?
    Delta AR?

other?
    Mine is the Delta SV 300 wt polartec---and several years old. Not cheap at the time but makes an excellent outer layer for in-camp warmth under my down parka or used when moving in extreme cold, i.e. 0F. It supplants all my heavier Icebreaker merino zip-neck tops.

Hiking with the flu, that must have been fun. Can't figure out the trail sign thing. Most vandals take them as souvenirs of their "conquest".

Journal Entries
    Images

very useful information, thanks for the detailed trip report, again
    introduced to backpacking on my 21st in the red river gorge, KY (2012)

2015 salkantay trek - Glamping

16'-17' amicalola--> Fontana dam

7 days solo on Huayhuash circuit!! 9/17

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    Hiking with the flu, that must have been fun. Can't figure out the trail sign thing. Most vandals take them as souvenirs of their "conquest".
    The influenza thing was sucky and I even considered hitching out for a microsecond but then wised up and pulled a recuperation Zero on Sycamore Creek. I equated my illness Zero to a blizzard or long winter rainstorm zero---Sit put and hunker in and This Too Shall Pass. Probably had bronchitis or maybe norovirus or maybe walking pneumonia---What better illness for a backpacker who walks all day than . . . . . Walking pneumonia . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zachzz12 View Post
    very useful information, thanks for the detailed trip report, again
    Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    The influenza thing was sucky and I even considered hitching out for a microsecond but then wised up and pulled a recuperation Zero on Sycamore Creek. I equated my illness Zero to a blizzard or long winter rainstorm zero---Sit put and hunker in and This Too Shall Pass. Probably had bronchitis or maybe norovirus or maybe walking pneumonia---What better illness for a backpacker who walks all day than . . . . . Walking pneumonia . . . .
    Heh. I can't remember seeing a trip report when you abandoned due to illness. Weather, maybe, or your former favorite sleeping pad.

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    Heh. I can't remember seeing a trip report when you abandoned due to illness. Weather, maybe, or your former favorite sleeping pad.
    I think I bailed once about 10 years ago due to a raging toothache. One time my fancy Exped downmat blew a couple baffles and I had to detour 12 miles to pick up a cached spare Thermarest. In 2008 I had to bail due to a death in the family---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++