WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early_Riser_71 came down with some sort of stomach bug. Evidently, he stayed near another NOBO that was sick. the other guy thought he had Giardia but it was not confirmed. Also, KIWI was ahead of him but got off the trail with what appeared to be a similar issue. ER71 was still on the trail after Mile 500 at last update and was heading into town to see how he felt and decide if going to the ER was needed. Hopefully his stomach bug passes soon and he gets back on the trail. I certainly enjoy watching his videos.

Early Riser is back to posting videos.

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    Early Riser is back to posting videos.
    I tried to watch yesterday's post but I kept having issues with it. I saw h posted a new one today but I haven't watched it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serial Hiker
    Images
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by bikeandhike View Post
    Meg is my girlfriend, and appreciates your thoughts! We are now planning to do a SOBO in Mid/Late June. Can't keep her down!
    Again...thank you.

Wishing you guys the best of luck, she seems to have a fantastic attitude and that can get a person through a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone1984 View Post
    Wishing you guys the best of luck, she seems to have a fantastic attitude and that can get a person through a whole lot.
    ^^^^^^^
    100%

I'm betting the Norovirus is making it's rounds among the crowd...it likely is NOT Giardia, unless the ****e has hit the fan...literally...just sayin....

Looks like "Boot Strapping Life" is off the trail and her content is deleted. Of all the vloggers I've seen she was the one I knew was gonna drop by Neel Gap.

There's another one called Jaybelle and M.https://www.youtube.com/user/MiasGallery/videos

Thank you Perrito. So anxious now. See you guys on the trail!
    Keep up with my pre-train for my 2017 thru hike, and the planned thru hike, starting in March, at escapingtheoffice.com

Don't doubt what your body can accomplish, it can do more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    Looks like "Boot Strapping Life" is off the trail and her content is deleted. Of all the vloggers I've seen she was the one I knew was gonna drop by Neel Gap.

There's another one called Jaybelle and M.https://www.youtube.com/user/MiasGallery/videos
    I just started watching the vloggers because of the weather. Kinda sad to see all that unbridled optimism meet Mother Nature on the AT...everyone has a brave face, but you can clearly tell who isn't up for the long haul. One pleasant gal can only get 9 miles before her feet start THROBBING...she has made it to NOC, though. Kudos for that with sore feet!

And, you gotta feel for those poor folks in an REI double wall tent having to "dry it out" in the parking lot of a motel..."got cold last night...upper 40's"....doubt they will make it to NOC...

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by TX Aggie View Post
    Anyone on the forum know Early_Riser_71? He's usually good about posting, but has been radio silent for several days now since he landed in Damascus.

(Not that I'm worried per se, but as a vet myself, we never leave a brother behind.)

I was wondering if he ended up zeroing with the Noro he had. I haven't had a chance to watch his latest videos yet.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Leonidas

I heard on Reddmage's videos last night that MTMike is off trail due to heart conditions, he stated he was going to attempt to thru next year.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    I just started watching the vloggers because of the weather. Kinda sad to see all that unbridled optimism meet Mother Nature on the AT...everyone has a brave face, but you can clearly tell who isn't up for the long haul. One pleasant gal can only get 9 miles before her feet start THROBBING...she has made it to NOC, though. Kudos for that with sore feet!
    GA is a great equalizer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I was wondering if he ended up zeroing with the Noro he had. I haven't had a chance to watch his latest videos yet.
    He ended up with 1 zero day, then a couple of short and difficult days out on the trail then a nearo at a hotel. Finally recovered and is back out hitting it hard, did 30 a couple of days ago.

Been following marymk94 lately. She's only posted 2 videos that have an element of prozac about them. Wishing her all the best

Serial Hiker
    Images
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Before going off trail MTMike posted a video that I found very informative in getting to the trail

Journal Entries

Default Update by "FlatBrokeOutside" most recent Utube vid

AT THRU HIKING announcements I found on YouTube by early March 2017 - broken arrow - new2thewild - Happy Hikers - Mary McCloud - Bethany Varner - meg greenlee - thic gravy - roaming gnome - th3 amat3urs - just1man - tin cup outdoors - jaybelle and m - hop along johnny - crazy tree - joel wanders - hiker feet - chrisgoesoutdoors - danger granger - sarah williams - briansal93 - appalachian trail tales - happy hikers - kiwi wandering usa - just1man - dirtbag adventures - apollo nature - jordan aichholz - mtmike - yay adventures - rick coulon - lawrence wild - big red on the road - bill mcgovern - adventure frog - Goin' Walkabout - ChrisHikesTheAT - Caleb Bonner - fixedbydoc offgrid - sue m - blessingofadventure - FiftyNine - RestStep - jay young - Steve Pekarskiy - Walking Tall - David Lancaster - Martin Spaugh - Nick Kennedy - Bluegrassboy Hikes - Ithink ican - Kenji Takes A Hike - Scott Steffes - thrugear - Jim McNelis - Weather Girl Appalachian Trail Thru Hiker 2017 - Bootstrapping Life - Justin Geiger - Andrew G - Jesse Ditzer - saratoga on the at 2017 - slotortoise61 - zach kbates - the walking feet - Tylers ATHike - twotentsdown - paul wetzel - David M Boudreaux - The Walker's Walk - Miguelon Hikes the AT - reddmage - taylor carter - Green mtn bushcrafter - ian bloomer - The Wild Wild Walkz Inc. - early_riser_71 - wonderwoman shelley - christopher evers - raw alignment - The Survival Channel Survival Gear Reviews - Onward! The Appalachian Trail - Leah Lipka - Jennifer Giddens - ncfishboy - Logan Boyle - 11Series Hiking - Chris Guynn - zeus almighty

This list is 2 weeks old - Maybe 50 more have been added - hiker bubble - Near impossible to follow all. I'll stick with Early_Riser_71, and Kiwi Wandering USA - Reddmage is hard to follow - too much slow talk.

Serial Hiker
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by II DOGS View Post
    AT THRU HIKING announcements I found on YouTube by early March 2017 - broken arrow - new2thewild - Happy Hikers - Mary McCloud - Bethany Varner - meg greenlee - thic gravy - roaming gnome - th3 amat3urs - just1man - tin cup outdoors - jaybelle and m - hop along johnny - crazy tree - joel wanders - hiker feet - chrisgoesoutdoors - danger granger - sarah williams - briansal93 - appalachian trail tales - happy hikers - kiwi wandering usa - just1man - dirtbag adventures - apollo nature - jordan aichholz - mtmike - yay adventures - rick coulon - lawrence wild - big red on the road - bill mcgovern - adventure frog - Goin' Walkabout - ChrisHikesTheAT - Caleb Bonner - fixedbydoc offgrid - sue m - blessingofadventure - FiftyNine - RestStep - jay young - Steve Pekarskiy - Walking Tall - David Lancaster - Martin Spaugh - Nick Kennedy - Bluegrassboy Hikes - Ithink ican - Kenji Takes A Hike - Scott Steffes - thrugear - Jim McNelis - Weather Girl Appalachian Trail Thru Hiker 2017 - Bootstrapping Life - Justin Geiger - Andrew G - Jesse Ditzer - saratoga on the at 2017 - slotortoise61 - zach kbates - the walking feet - Tylers ATHike - twotentsdown - paul wetzel - David M Boudreaux - The Walker's Walk - Miguelon Hikes the AT - reddmage - taylor carter - Green mtn bushcrafter - ian bloomer - The Wild Wild Walkz Inc. - early_riser_71 - wonderwoman shelley - christopher evers - raw alignment - The Survival Channel Survival Gear Reviews - Onward! The Appalachian Trail - Leah Lipka - Jennifer Giddens - ncfishboy - Logan Boyle - 11Series Hiking - Chris Guynn - zeus almighty

This list is 2 weeks old - Maybe 50 more have been added - hiker bubble - Near impossible to follow all. I'll stick with Early_Riser_71, and Kiwi Wandering USA - Reddmage is hard to follow - too much slow talk.
    Wow. Lots to look at. Are all of these vloggers?
    Thanks for the leads!
    perrito

Quote Originally Posted by II DOGS View Post

Ditto. But thanks for the list, I'll probably look at a couple of them periodically.

ER and I seem to have a lot of the same mindset, probably the Veteran thing. Plus he's just easy to listen to. Kiwi I like because he pretty much shows all the bigger campsites.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++