Default Section hike update

I knocked out the Big Cypress National Preserve this past weekend! 2 days, 1 night, rather grueling. It was my first night on the trail. Everything previous were day hikes. The last of the long (6-7 hour) drives. Woohoo! I can now head to Pensacola (only 4 hours or so) and begin working my way home.

I have about 800 miles completed since starting on 2/2/13. I have about 300 miles to go. Barring any unforeseen problems I anticipate another 2 or so years.

022517 (2).JPG022517 (11).JPG022517 (12).JPG022517 (6).JPG

Cool! Good job!

Images

That's awesome. How was the trail?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    That's awesome. How was the trail?
    Easy enough to follow. I was warned about recent control burns but didn't really affect the blazes all that much. The first 17 miles was mostly dry. Fortunately I carried over a gallon of water. The remainder was mostly water and mud so plenty to filter.

Congrats. We hope to do the Central/Southern Sections next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the first 13 miles from Ft Pickens . It only took me 3 hours 10 minutes to drive there, a little longer to get back home (some traffic). Beach walking isn't always easy!

Did you go from South to North? Any other info about the trail would be appreciated. Thinking about doing this section myself.

Does anyone know if the fires we had here near Naples affect the trail at all?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I started at Bradwell Bay in the Apalachicola National Forest and worked my way southbound. I now picked up at Fort Pickens and will work my way southbound (east really, buy south bound on the trail) to Bradwell Bay to finish. I hope to complete in another couple years.

++ New Posts ++