WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a hiking buddy for early May

I will be starting my northbound hike in Georgia in early May (probably starting sometime from May 7 - May 15). I am currently planning on hiking solo but would love to have a hiking buddy for at least the first few weeks while I start in Georgia in May. If you're planning on starting a northbound hike around the same time feel free to message me or respond to the thread. I am a 22 year old male recently graduated from college doing my first hike. Also, if you have any tips or advice for me for my first hike feel free to message me as well! Thanks!

GA-ME Feb. 27th–July 1st, 2016 lwhikerchris's Avatar

You will have no problem finding people to hike with when you start down there; you'll meet and connect with many folks very fast. As much as the urge may be there, you really don't need to pre-plan for this.
    John GoodMan

Hey man, My buddy Austin and I are also graduating on may 6th, and will be starting the approach trail on Monday May 8th. We planned on starting by ourselves, but its the AT, you're welcome to hike along with us. We were worried about not finding a big group because we thought our late start would prevent that, but if you want to join, please let me know!

++ New Posts ++