WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HKDK, never had any c2S dry sacks, which is all I've ever used in 12 yrs get my food wet either in my pack or when hung in torrential rains. My experiences are different. The only time I could see the ultra sil dry sacks, reg or Nano, susceptible to leakage under backpacking scenarios is when they are overly packed not allowing for the fold down top to be properly closed and clasped or when a hole has abraded through the fabric or the seam taped dry sacks have had the seam tape loosened. Do you see any of those issues in your analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    HKDK, never had any c2S dry sacks, which is all I've ever used in 12 yrs get my food wet either in my pack or when hung in torrential rains. My experiences are different. The only time I could see the ultra sil dry sacks, reg or Nano, susceptible to leakage under backpacking scenarios is when they are overly packed not allowing for the fold down top to be properly closed and clasped or when a hole has abraded through the fabric or the seam taped dry sacks have had the seam tape loosened. Do you see any of those issues in your analysis?
    Glad to have your experience as a counterpoint. Need to pick up a new dry bag myself so I'll take a chance on another one based on that. Hopefully it will do as well as yours have.

Check out Zpacks Bear bag kit. It's 50 bucks and includes the right kind of rope, a carabiner and the rock bag. It's rectangular and easy to get to your food without having to pour the contents of the bag out to find something. I'is cuben fiber and only weighs 3oz for the whole rig.

I looked for about 3 hrs today and the 13L S2S eVac (air squeezes out the bottom) is no less than $24 anywhere and that's before shipping. The Zpacks bag its self is $39 and weighs 1.4 oz and is 12.3L. The eVac weighs 2.4.

I'm ordering the bear bag kit. Look at Bigfoot's video how to hang a bear bag PCT style.

http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/bear_bag.shtml

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++