WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Another gear list, NOBO '17

Hi guys,

my gear list for my upcoming NOBO (3/14) looks as follows: https://lighterpack.com/r/epaby6

With the tent and sleeping bag I am a bit on the heavy side, but can't really afford to change anything out right now. Only thing I am planing to bring and missing on the list is the first aid kit, toiletries and maybe a small towel.

Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Ich will, dass ihr mich versteht.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by erdenscheibe View Post
    Hi guys,

my gear list for my upcoming NOBO (3/14) looks as follows: https://lighterpack.com/r/epaby6

With the tent and sleeping bag I am a bit on the heavy side, but can't really afford to change anything out right now. Only thing I am planing to bring and missing on the list is the first aid kit, toiletries and maybe a small towel.

Any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Get AWOL's guide in PDF for your phone and replace the USB charger (8 ounces, good lord...)with the Anker dual port QC 3.0(4.1 ounces).

You'll save 3/4 pound and have a screaming fast charger...If you're phone doesn't support QC charging, you could go with a cheaper charger that weighs even less.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

I was planning on bringing an Anker charger with two ports and two cables (the 8 oz are estimated including the cables). Maybe I will bring a quick charger with only one port and one cable. Thanks!

I don't know if you need both a down jacket and a fleece jacket.
    I don't bother with rain pants.
    I don't bother with a pillow, just stuff your jacket into a stuff sack.
    A long sleeve shirt is a must.
    A pair of light gloves might be good to have.
    50 feet of cord for bear-bagging your food (hanging it from a tree)
    Don't forget sun block, there will be no shade until mid April.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I'd keep the paper guide but get the loose leaf version and have somebody mail it to you as / when you need it. Electronics die and I wouldn't want to just rely on a smart phone.
    Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time -- Steven Wright

Journal Entries

Would definitely think about a lighter sleeping bag 15 degrees will be really warm for those summer months. Unless you switch to a quilt that you can control how much heat you keep in or out

The fleece is just a light sweater - if it's too much, I'll send it home, but better safe than sorry. The icebreaker is long sleeve, rope was already on my mental list, sun block wasn't - thanks. I am planning on holding on to the paper guide. Being from Europe all that mailing is not that easy, so I will just stick with the wohle thing, maybe rip out the used pages. The sleeping bag actually has a comfort rating of 24, I don't know why they call it Ratio 15, haha. If it gets too hot, I will just use it as a blanket or replace it with something on the way.
    Thanks for the input.

++ New Posts ++