WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Stealing honey packets?
    Out of curiosity, in your opinion, how many honey packets does a $7.00 value meal rate before it's considered stealing?

As to it not being real, 100% honey... That could explain why my tea tasted ...off. It was regular Lipton tea, but tasted terrible with a packet of honey in it (I usually like tea that way).

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    Stealing honey packets?
    Out of curiosity, in your opinion, how many honey packets does a $7.00 value meal rate before it's considered stealing?
    30 days and a $1,000 fine

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    30 days and a $1,000 fine
    Allow me to rephrase, because that's not what I asked.

I paid for value meal, took two honey packets to go. Would this be considered "stealing"?
    I say no.
    5 or 6? Borderline
    A handful? Yes.

Taking even one honey, mayo, mustard, etc packet if I didn't purchase a meal from them, I would consider stealing.

Where would you draw the line between accepting a provided condiment and stealing?

I have an uncle who used to own several McDonald's restaurants, and he once mentioned the people who would "nickle and dime" him, cutting into his profit margin. In his case, it was elderly people who would take large stacks of napkins as well as creamer and sugar to take home with them.

Waterproof Straw Containers

https://youtu.be/n0TsiucWles

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    Allow me to rephrase, because that's not what I asked.

I paid for value meal, took two honey packets to go. Would this be considered "stealing"?
    I say no.
    5 or 6? Borderline
    A handful? Yes.

Taking even one honey, mayo, mustard, etc packet if I didn't purchase a meal from them, I would consider stealing.

Where would you draw the line between accepting a provided condiment and stealing?

I have an uncle who used to own several McDonald's restaurants, and he once mentioned the people who would "nickle and dime" him, cutting into his profit margin. In his case, it was elderly people who would take large stacks of napkins as well as creamer and sugar to take home with them.
    This question shouldn't have to be asked if we know to be and areconsiderate.

Easy. Don't assume. Ask. Nearly everytime I've asked it displays consideraton and almost always they say " sure, no problem if you take a few packets." If they say no that's OK too. Ethics haven't been abridged. Conscious is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Shrek View Post
    Waterproof Straw Containers

https://youtu.be/n0TsiucWles
    If you don't want to DIY, all honey sellers at the farm markets I've been to sell their local honey packaged in straws.

I don't use a super large amount of honey on the trail but I like to carry several small packets to add to my tea or to snack on. They are very convenient unless you are thinking of using a large quantity.
    My book I Had a Dream, I Lived It is now available on Amazon. 1% of all 2018 sales will go to Pacific Crest Trail Association. http://goo.gl/pLfXMO Happy Trails!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++