WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Klymit Static V2

Hey Guys/Gals, I am seeking some feedback on the Klymit Static V2. If you have one, how comfortable is it? How does its weight compare with the Thermarest Mat (old style)? Do you like it, hate it, or would rater use something else? I am considering buying one but have never used any of the Klymit produsts. Thanks for any info.

There are 2 left on Amazon for $53 with free Prime shipping.

Best price I have seen.

Hitch
    "May the four winds blow you safely home ..." ​Garcia, Kreutzmann, & Hunter

nice size - 72x23x2.5 is good enough for most people. the V-mapping does seem to work for comfort.

it's pretty light but R-value is only 1.3 which means summer/fall mattress, not winter/spring. I have used it in spring before the ground warms fully and supplemented it with a 24x36 piece of closed cell foam on top and was fine...

I am part of the massdrop for the new version of the static v2 - static vultra light pad

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdro...c-v-ultralight

They have lightened the v2, mostly by losing a few ounces at the valve, and narrowing the pad (to 20"), the one they are sending me is 11.9 oz, compared to the v2 at 16.9 oz. I'd wait for this version to hit the market to buy, unless you need something very quickly. I'll try and stop back in here once it arrives (they expect to ship next week). Seems to be an awesome bargain for a really light pad.

the one i bought was 50$, btw

Default Klymit Static V2

I bought one on Amazon for $53 and love it. Then I found it at Sam's club for $39. now I'm pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Yates View Post
    Hey Guys/Gals, I am seeking some feedback on the Klymit Static V2. If you have one, how comfortable is it? How does its weight compare with the Thermarest Mat (old style)? Do you like it, hate it, or would rater use something else? I am considering buying one but have never used any of the Klymit produsts. Thanks for any info.
    I got mine at Costco - they have the insulated V2 on a deal now too - and was suitably impressed with the design and quality. But I did not like it. For one thing, it was not as long as advertised. Depending on where you made your lengthwise measure (sides or middle), it was 68"-70" long when inflated, not 72". It's OK for back or side sleeping, but I didn't like it for stomach sleeping. I'm used to a flatter surface for that, and didn't find the difference inconsequential.

Another thing was that it was kind of hard to deflate. All those chambers - hard to empty.

But it seemed well made, not flimsy. Compact.

Came with a free "pillow-X" - amazingly compact and light. Sadly, I didn't care for it either. I prefer a fleece pullover or down puffer stuffed into a drybag or stuff sack.

I wish I liked it, but I just didn't - and while I may have come to get used to it over time, the dimensions falling 2-4" short of advertised really was too much for me to accept. It went back rather quickly, so I never put in the time to get used to it.

If you're a side sleeper it won't do. My shoulders and hips know it's fifty fifty chance to wake up sore. The 2nd trip out with it resulted in wake ups every 2 hours....with completely dead shoulders.

I wanted to love it bc the baffles seem so solid...but alas it just doesn't stay firm enough to keep you off the ground.

I like my Static V (original, not insulated). Plenty comfy for this side sleeper. I especially like that it is wider than most. I can't sleep on a 20" wide pad and most every other wide pad comes only in the long version, which I don't need. So when I compare weights, I don't compare comparable length pads, but comparable width pads. I did use my Static V on a fall overnight hike when the temps dropped more than I expected (probably to about freezing). My regular Static V wasn't quite up to the task. So for three season hiking, the insulated version would be in order. I mostly go out in summer so the regular works for me. For trips when I might get cold nights I will just bring a thin CCF pad to supplement.

I like my original static v. It is more comfortable than my ccf pad. I am 210lbs and can side and stomach sleep well on it.

I had it in a tent with a 30F sleeping bag when temps were 40s and was just fine.

Highly recommend it.

Static V here as well and it's held up a long time and still going. Somewhat comfortable, I'm a side sleeper but after sleeping on nothing for the first 100 miles or so, it was amazing! Taking it again this year on my 2nd attempt. I'd imagine the V2 is at least of the same quality/comfort as the original.
    - Trail name: Thumper

++ New Posts ++