Default SOBO-Lets get to the northern terminus together.

Would be nice to have a partner to get to the trail head with. I would prefer to take the train from Seattle to Vernon just because it would add to the experience. Then take an early bus to Concrete and have lots of daylight for hitching. Splitting the cost of a room and water taxi would be nice. I thru hiked the AT in 2015 so I have some experience with hitching and the logistics of thru hiking.. Being able to split rooms, shuttles, and taxi's cuts the costs way down and being solo on a tough hitch can suck. I'm pretty flexible and my plans aren't set in stone.

I'm landing in Seattle July 11th 9am.

My plan is to take the tram into town where I will do a grocery and canister fuel resupply. Check out the "recreational" scene.

Train or bus to Mt Vernon (prefer train but times would require an overnight in Mt Vernon)

Bus to Concrete

Hitch to Ross lake and go devils Dome route (prefer)

or hitch to Mazama then to Harts Pass.
    AT, Long Trail, Loyalsock Trail, Art Loeb Trail, Cranberry Lake 50, Foothills Trail, PCT, CDT, Uinta Highline Trail, Lone Star Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, Sheltowee Trace Trail, BMT, AZT

I'd be down, planning to be in Seattle around that time, maybe a day or two later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

++ New Posts ++