WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default The Donner Party Hike into Damascus (sobo) w/review and video.

This weekend 8 of us hiked from Elk Garden (VA 600) to Damascus, SOBO. We had a great time and saw no one else on the trail. The low Saturday morning was 7 degrees, and my new DIY hammock, the Taco Wrap, worked perfectly.

I'll be sort of sad to see my hiking season end in a few months.

https://theosus1.wordpress.com/2017/...y-hike-review/
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Would I want to go on a winter hike with the Donner party? Uh, don't think so because . . . . they eat their dead. If you started out with 8 and returned with 8, well, that's excellent as the original Donner party started out with 80+ and ended up with around 40; many were eaten.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Would I want to go on a winter hike with the Donner party? Uh, don't think so because . . . . they eat their dead. If you started out with 8 and returned with 8, well, that's excellent as the original Donner party started out with 80+ and ended up with around 40; many were eaten.
    We named it the Donner Party Hike at the last minute because the weather turned really cold. I'm aware of the history of Mr. Donner, et. al. That's why we chose the name...
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

++ New Posts ++