WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New Enlightened Quilt Model

I got an e-mail from EE today saying they had new model coming out next week. Of course I have a revelation on order. I did write to find out what it was but was curious if anyone here had any news about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    I got an e-mail from EE today saying they had new model coming out next week. Of course I have a revelation on order. I did write to find out what it was but was curious if anyone here had any news about it?
    I have a Revelation in the mail to me right now and an Enigma on order. I will be watching this pretty closely...

Quote Originally Posted by G-FOURce View Post
    I have a Revelation in the mail to me right now and an Enigma on order. I will be watching this pretty closely...
    I put my order in a little over a week ago. What was your build/ship time?

I just missed getting a Revelation yesterday when The Warehouse releases their "new" quilts for the week because of a foul-up with Paypal. I was going to wait until next Monday to see if another of my choices pops up but, if not, I was going to order one so I would be very interested in hearing anything about a new model. Please keep us posted if you hear anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmtrnr View Post
    I just missed getting a Revelation yesterday when The Warehouse releases their "new" quilts for the week because of a foul-up with Paypal. I was going to wait until next Monday to see if another of my choices pops up but, if not, I was going to order one so I would be very interested in hearing anything about a new model. Please keep us posted if you hear anything else.
    I was told that the new bag is a combo of enigma and convert but revelation will be same. My quilt shipped in 2 weeks from my order date.

For both my Enigma and Revolt it took probably ~5 weeks before i received it. Order placed was on 28 Oct and received them both 3 Dec. Very happy with the quilts though!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterQ View Post
    just recently bought an Enigma and a Revelation. Returning both (never used) for the Conundrum. Its what I wanted when I ordered but it didnt exist then... Love it.

Just realized that they recently relocated the production of stuff sacks to India. Here we go again for American manufacturing. I hope they keep the option open to get the previous stuff sack and to continue to sponsor American jobs.

Minos

Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    Just realized that they recently relocated the production of stuff sacks to India. Here we go again for American manufacturing. I hope they keep the option open to get the previous stuff sack and to continue to sponsor American jobs.

Minos
    Funny you mention that. I was looking through that webpage, saw the picture, and figured they were making a statement against sweatshop labor...nope!

Incidentally, one of the very well-known outdoor textile manufacturers who likes to brag about how ethically their sheep are treated uses North Korean sweat shops to make at least some of their goods.....

After seeing this I emailed EE and got a response that I thought was comical. The first two sentences:

"All of our products are still hand made in Winona Minnesota. We recently outsourced the production of our storage sacks to a company in India called FreeSet."

Well, which is it? I live in Minnesota and have driven, cycled and hiked every inch of the state and never once stumbled upon India.

I am a happy EE user but will at reconsider other options for my future purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    After seeing this I emailed EE and got a response that I thought was comical. The first two sentences:

"All of our products are still hand made in Winona Minnesota. We recently outsourced the production of our storage sacks to a company in India called FreeSet."

Well, which is it? I live in Minnesota and have driven, cycled and hiked every inch of the state and never once stumbled upon India.

I am a happy EE user but will at reconsider other options for my future purchases.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/...-storage-sack/

this this is a problem for you ? Wow

Thom

The outsourcing is a little bit of a problem for me, the false advertising a little more of a problem.

They state in their response in the email as well as on their website that all products are hand made in Minnesota, which is no longer true.

Is this not a problem for you?

I try to buy American when there is a workable American made option. I try to buy from reputable, honest companies. To each their own I suppose

Images

I am very happy with my Enigma. As far as the sack being made by a company that is helping to stop the sex slave trade and these Human Being are being helped. I will continue to support EE.

im buying a sleeping bag, not a stuff sack.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    The outsourcing is a little bit of a problem for me, the false advertising a little more of a problem.

They state in their response in the email as well as on their website that all products are hand made in Minnesota, which is no longer true.

Is this not a problem for you?

I try to buy American when there is a workable American made option. I try to buy from reputable, honest companies. To each their own I suppose
    I see what you're saying. But this is just an accessory that is a different manufacturing process and comes with it because it's required for users. If it didn't come with a cotton bag at all, would I refuse to buy a quilt? No
    They have plenty of demand for quilts, and I'm sure will not produce any less total product because of this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post
    http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/...-storage-sack/

this this is a problem for you ? Wow

Thom
    No kidding. It makes EE more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    No kidding. It makes EE more attractive
    All these so called "fair trade" certifications are just additional layers of intermediaries that probably happily pocket royalties here and there which in the end takes away from the laborers and give to unkwnown people. In fact the EE website itself says that it is about letting MN sewers sew quilts and not stuff sacks. ANd in fact, I liked their stuffsacks and it is part of the package bought. So this is indeed about moving work elsewhere.

After all you can find sex-slaves in need of help in the US. No need to go to sweatshops in India / or wherever.

Anyway. The conundrum caught my eye as it looked like a sweet option. But looking closer into this bag the versatility on the convert seems like a much better option. I have no issue with my enigma or my revelation. Except for the fact I wish they layered a little better but it's nothing other then me ordering the sizing a little off.

Both conundrum and convert have the same baffle system and everything. The conundrum seems to come standard with pad straps and a sewn footbox. For 10$ more I'd go convert and have them add pad straps. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Minos View Post
    All these so called "fair trade" certifications are just additional layers of intermediaries that probably happily pocket royalties here and there which in the end takes away from the laborers and give to unkwnown people. In fact the EE website itself says that it is about letting MN sewers sew quilts and not stuff sacks. ANd in fact, I liked their stuffsacks and it is part of the package bought. So this is indeed about moving work elsewhere.

After all you can find sex-slaves in need of help in the US. No need to go to sweatshops in India / or wherever.
    This probably won't make any difference to you, but it appears it is the storage sack, not the stuffsack that is outsourced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++