WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New ****** method to slience protest by hiding front page news on the back page

The front page news on the Whiteblaze forum has always been under the category "General". If something outrageous happens and you want the greatest number of views for a post you should post it under "General". If you want the fewest number of views then post it way on the back page under "Parks, Forests & Wilderness" then subsection "Some State Park". Is it not strange that anything controversial will get moved pdq?
    Last edited by Alligator; 02-04-2017 at 19:12. Reason: Politics

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Sorry, we are fresh out of tin foil hats.

Something far simpler.

General is a catch-all. Talks about Baxter state park seems more appropriate, in, I don't know BAXTER STATE PARK esp when there is already a thread about it. Many threads. Many great threads. YUGE threads....

In other news, I just moved a thread about milk powder to the FOODS category. Must be a conspiracy! :O

EDIT: Psst..if you do NEW POSTS, all the posts show up the same way.
    Last edited by Mags; 02-04-2017 at 16:28.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by moldy View Post
    The front page news on the Whiteblaze forum has always been under the category "General". If something outrageous happens and you want the greatest number of views for a post you should post it under "General". If you want the fewest number of views then post it way on the back page under "Parks, Forests & Wilderness" then subsection "Some State Park". Is it not strange that anything controversial will get moved pdq?
    No folks, put the thread into the correct sub-forum. If it is a very active thread,it'll show up in What's New or Today's Posts. The difference in those two is that if you have read a thread and it has not received a new post since then, the thread will show up in Today's Posts but not What's New. On the other hand, What's New will find threads that have new posts older than 24 hours, Today's Post has a 24 hour limit. New posts to threads also show up in the recent posts box on the home page if it is active, but not a lot of space in that box.

An active thread in the wrong forum is always going to be moved faster as we use the What's New button to check in. We have subforums so that the information can be more specifically found by members as needed. Information gets lost in General because there are too many threads in there in the first place that belong elsewhere.

Guess what, I am going to move this over to Forum Help Topics. It will be seen much longer there because even though closed, that subforum has far fewer threads than General.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++