WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Still not understanding why folks arent unwilling to try "personal" things out for themselves. For goodness sakes, just buy the underwear and if you dont like it hiking maybe you'll like it sitting around the TV. Jeez folks this isnt that complicated. Who cares what I think, it's your sack!

Quote Originally Posted by scrabbler View Post
    Still not understanding why folks arent unwilling to try "personal" things out for themselves. For goodness sakes, just buy the underwear and if you dont like it hiking maybe you'll like it sitting around the TV. Jeez folks this isnt that complicated. Who cares what I think, it's your sack!
    Well, to point out the obvious, there are many underwear choices. Only a few of those choices would be suitable for hiking 15+ miles a day for weeks on end. Some people don't want to reinvent the wheel; that's why these forums exist. If you find it embarrassing to talk about your underwear here then so be it.

I've recently tried out Reebok Performance Boxer Briefs (5" inseam) with my L.L. Bean Cresta zip-off hiking pants, and they're working well for me. I haven't yet hiked more than 9 miles in a day with them, and it's too early to tell about durability, but so far I have no complaints.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rhughesnc View Post
    ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Sport Mesh 9'' Boxer Briefs. These are so insanely comfortable I slept in them too.
    Hear hear. +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhughesnc View Post
    ExOfficio Men's Give-N-Go Sport Mesh 9'' Boxer Briefs. These are so insanely comfortable I slept in them too.
    I tried the same only 6 inch....haven't worn them on a hike, just around home and the office. They rode up horribly for me & I didn't care for them...but I'm used to loose boxers so it's prob just something to get used to. I figure the longer 9 inch is probably much better....

I used Exofficio Give-N-Go sport 9" and would not personally recommend. I found that I got mad butt and thigh chaffe when they got wet in rainy weather. In hot weather you also sweat more with tight fitting underwear which in turn leads to more chafe. I am now an advocate of the no underwear go commando method. I use beeswax antichafe cream when I notice any chaffing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++