WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Any New Hostels in the North?

I'm doing a thru hike this summer and would like to stop for a shower, mail drop and town food. Is there anything available after Killington, like near Camels Hump and/or Johnson? Thanks!

Images

Not sure about hostels, we stayed in Waterbury at a small inn, and at the B&B in Johnson, both were worth the cost for us.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

There are only two hostels in Vermont, The green mountain house in Manchester center and the Six tribes in Rutland. The Inn at the Long Trail isn't a hostel, but has good rates for hikers. Otherwise you need to stay at B+B's. There are some motels too, but most of those are not convenient to the trail.

On my last E2E, I stayed at the GMH in Manchester center, The inn at the long trial, a B+B in Waitsfield (I forget the name, but there are several to choose from) and Nye's B+B in Jefferson. Nye's cost me like $75 and the one in Waitsfield was like $125, mostly because I splurged on an expensive dinner and drinks. Between the room and dinner, I dropped at least $75 at the Inn.

In the Camels Hump area, there might be a motel in Richmond, otherwise you'd have to go to Waterbury. You'll probably want to go to Richmond for resupply anyway, and is a easy hitch - at least it was for me, unlike getting into Waitsfield which was like pulling teeth. I resupplied at each of the overnight stops and Richmond.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Waitsfield was an easy hitch for us, but Waterbury took forever.

Nye's was fabulous.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++