WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ride share to AZT southern terminus

I plan to hike the Arizona Trail northbound this spring, probably starting in early to mid-March. I'm looking for other hikers to share the expense of a ride from Tucson to Coronado National Memorial, or a trail angel who can offer a ride. My schedule is flexible.

GAME 06

Lucky

Do you know Farwalker? She lives near you and would very likely help you or know who you need to call. If not let me know and I will contact her for you (I don't have permission from her to give out her email address so we have to do it that way).

Farwalker if you do not know was the trail setter for the first 80 miles north bound for the AZT when it was created years ago. She was also the 2nd female to hike the CDT by about 2 weeks and has multiple PCT hikes in as well.

This is who we used. Reliable and reasonable.

Ken's Shuttle Service (520-604-6939) can transport up to 4 hikers to the trailhead(s) of your choice on Passages 1-13. On- or off-highway travel is available. Call or e-mail [email protected]for pricing information and scheduling.
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.

~ Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Lucky

Do you know Farwalker? She lives near you and would very likely help you or know who you need to call. If not let me know and I will contact her for you (I don't have permission from her to give out her email address so we have to do it that way).

Farwalker if you do not know was the trail setter for the first 80 miles north bound for the AZT when it was created years ago. She was also the 2nd female to hike the CDT by about 2 weeks and has multiple PCT hikes in as well.
    Wyoming - I don't know Farwalker, moved to Tucson just a few weeks ago, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you could have her contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMan View Post
    I plan to hike the Arizona Trail northbound this spring, probably starting in early to mid-March. I'm looking for other hikers to share the expense of a ride from Tucson to Coronado National Memorial, or a trail angel who can offer a ride. My schedule is flexible.
    I am in Green Valley, south of Tucson, for the winter. If none of your other options work out, send me a private message closer to the time. I will see if I can find a day in the first week of March. The second week of March is definitely out for me due to a Grand Canyon hike.
    Shutterbug

GAME 06

Here is a list of 5 different shuttles one of which is the one Bearcreek recommended.

http://www.aztrail.org/shuttles.html

I'm a Tucson resident and would love to offer some trail magic when you arrive in the area! Feel free to private message me when you're nearby and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by meghanc View Post
    I'm a Tucson resident and would love to offer some trail magic when you arrive in the area! Feel free to private message me when you're nearby and I'll see what I can do.

That's a very nice offer for Luckyman. My memory is that Vail sucks for re-supply, and I would have loved a ride into Tuscon for an over-night at a cheap, sleazy motel and a proper resupply at a WalMart or Safeway.

Another hiker, someone I have met on many Tucson hiking Meetups, has offered me a ride from Tucson to the southern terminus of the AZT on March 8. He has room for one more AZT thru-hiker. Please message me if you want the spot.

++ New Posts ++