WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for New Jersey shuttle, Mohican to NJ/NY line for Memorial Day hike

Hi all,
    As stated, I'm looking for shuttle New Jersey to take me and my hiking buddy from Mohican Outdoor Center to drop us at the NJ/NY line.

Our plan is to drive up from MD & park at the MOC Wed evening May 24th, spend the night there (need to arrange for multiday parking with MOC first of course). Shuttle would be Thursday May 25, (early morning7-ish) to the State line, then we'll hike back to the car over 4 days/3 nights.

Any shuttles yall can recommend?

Any thoughts on heading SOBO instead of NOBO?

jw

I had this chunk of trail open about 10 years ago. I hired a cab to pick me up at the state line and had them drop me at the Mohican center. I made sure I knew the road directions as the cab driver was clueless.

I stayed at the MOC and did that section in September. Bob Boyle who lives nearby provided me shuttles. He was very nice and extremely accommodating. His contact info can be found on the AT site for shuttles.

CPT Kirk

You can also ask Chuck @ "edge if the woods outfitter"

Thanks for the shuttle leads, Cpt Kirk and rocketsocks. I actually used Bob Boyle last September when i hiked MOC to Delaware Water Gap. Great guy, but as we talked he mentioned he was retiring and moving up north, New Hampshire I believe. I will ping him anyway, but having a second option really helps. Much appreciated.

++ New Posts ++