WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by lukabrazi View Post
    From Outdoor Gear Lab

Update - January 2017

Petzl has taken the E+LITE and given it a number of updates. Check out the new version (left) next to the version we tested (right) below, as well as a summary of functional updates!

Here's a summary of the key differences between the updated E+LITE and the version we tested:
    • Lumen Boost — The new E+LITE features 50 lumens, compared to 26 in the older version.

• New Headband — The redesigned E+LITE comes with a new, more traditional elastic headband.

• Redesigned Bulb Placement — The bulb placement in the new version has been redesigned from the version we tested. We haven't tested the updated E+LITE yet, so we can't say what functional impact this update has.
    By replacing the zip line with a bulky strap they changed a truly inmovatove product to just another, well, headlamp. I'm sure the other changes are actual improvements, but couldn't they have left the zip line alone? And what's with the whistle on the strap. Do manufacturers have to put a whistle on everything? I have a whistle on the sternum strap of my pack, a whistle on the little compass I like to carry and now a whistle on my headlamp? Who am I, the freaking Pied Piper?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    By replacing the zip line with a bulky strap they changed a truly inmovatove product to just another, well, headlamp. I'm sure the other changes are actual improvements, but couldn't they have left the zip line alone? And what's with the whistle on the strap. Do manufacturers have to put a whistle on everything? I have a whistle on the sternum strap of my pack, a whistle on the little compass I like to carry and now a whistle on my headlamp? Who am I, the freaking Pied Piper?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    I agree with the whistle thing. Redundancy in emergency equipment is a good thing. But unless it's a real survival whistle I'll pass. I carry a coast guard approved ACR whistle. At .2oz's it is really loud. None of the whistles on my buckles are nearly as loud. I don't need it in my headlamp.

But this light is marketed as an "emergency" light. So the more emergency items on it, the better it looks from a marketing standpoint.

I still haven't bought the new elite. I do plan on it at this point in time though. Downsizing in lighting is one of last hurdles I'm overcoming to a really lightweight pack.

What can i say, I guess I'm slightly scared of the dark. Not in a ghosts and goblins kind of way..But like that time I had to night hike off of camels hump after helping SAR locate and rescue a woman with a broken ankle.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++