WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default N GA John's Mt Hike, Hammock Nap and Sunstar Hunting

My wife Cathy and I wanted a nice leisurely hike with some nice views and an opportunity for a hammock nap. We headed to John's Mountain in North Georgia on December 23rd, and it fit the bill perfectly. About 6 miles round trip, the climb wasn't very strenuous, perfect day for hiking at around 50*, great little day hike.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so kardinal_emilus of Hammock Forums, consider yourself flattered. My pictures are nowhere near as nice as yours but it was fun trying to capture the Sunstars.

Our pups, Gryff and Mojo came with and enjoyed themselves as well.

Part of the John's Mt loop shares treadway with the Pinhoti. Cathy and I have now hiked parts of all the major long trails in GA (I think)- AT, BMT, Bartram and Pinhoti

The obligatory selfie =)

A random shot of me standing on a rock

Hammock nap time!

MoJo decided to join me in my hammock (it was my ENO so I let him haha)

All in all a really nice trip. Not pictured were the sub sandwiches from Subway we packed for lunch- a real treat out on the trail. We're looking forward to more hiking over the holidays!

I think I may have bungled the image links in my first attempt, so this is a re-post with corrected image links- sorry =)

My wife Cathy and I wanted a nice leisurely hike with some nice views and an opportunity for a hammock nap. We headed to John's Mountain in North Georgia on December 23rd, and it fit the bill perfectly. About 6 miles round trip, the climb wasn't very strenuous, perfect day for hiking at around 50*, great little day hike.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I tried to capture "Sunstars" as introduced by a member of the "other" forum.

Our pups, Gryff and Mojo came with and enjoyed themselves as well.

Part of the John's Mt loop shares treadway with the Pinhoti. Cathy and I have now hiked parts of all the major long trails in GA (I think)- AT, BMT, Bartram and Pinhoti

The obligatory selfie =)

A random shot of me standing on a rock

Hammock nap time!

MoJo decided to join me in my hammock (it was my ENO so I let him haha)

All in all a really nice trip. Not pictured were the sub sandwiches from Subway we packed for lunch- a real treat out on the trail. We're looking forward to more hiking over the holidays!

++ New Posts ++