WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

UH oh Lou,

I just got a message from Farmer Chef informing me that I'd better be bringing that cheesecake or "there will be consequences!" Overload has made a culinary name for herself!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

P1160026.JPG a blast from the past!

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Yum!......................................
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    that thing ruined my dinner

Images

Another MLK weekend hike.
    Keep this up and people will start to think it's the beginning of a movement.
    Where's the group W bench?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LIhikers View Post
    Just down the road from Alice's Restaurant. Or in New York City, on Whitehall Street.
    Last edited by Furlough; 12-23-2016 at 08:54. Reason: Nothing Better to do this morning
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

The usual suspects!

Images

If I said where the group W bench was on here... I would be sent to the group W bench.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's a good place to 'pull up a stool and join the conservation'.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    If I said where the group W bench was on here... I would be sent to the group W bench.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's a good place to 'pull up a stool and join the conservation'.

yup that's the place!

Images

Group W bench- my kind of place!

Images

Cheesecake in Paradise : where hikers eat cheesecake and escape to paradise on the trail.

(Sorry Jimmy Buffett but cheesecake rocks !)
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Guys, please don't play games on my thread. If you want to talk about the cafe, go ahead, but the "sneaky alluding" is silly. WhiteBlaze membership is not exclusive, and no one cares if you belong to the cafe. The drama is long over.

The subject of this thread is a group hike in Maryland at which I would be happy to see each of you, and while I'm certainly not an enemy of a good and fun thread drift, I do object to the inside jokes and secret handshake mentality.

It should be a fun hike. You're all welcome. Feel free to pass the word along to the Appalachian Trail Cafe Forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Guys, please don't play games on my thread. If you want to talk about the cafe, go ahead, but the "sneaky alluding" is silly. WhiteBlaze membership is not exclusive, and no one cares if you belong to the cafe. The drama is long over.

The subject of this thread is a group hike in Maryland at which I would be happy to see each of you, and while I'm certainly not an enemy of a good and fun thread drift, I do object to the inside jokes and secret handshake mentality.

It should be a fun hike. You're all welcome. Feel free to pass the word along to the Appalachian Trail Cafe Forum too.
    Yes Teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Yes Teacher.
    Thanks, RS.....I can hear the voice attitude on that one marking me the cranky old nag that I am!!! (and I love you too)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Thanks, RS.....I can hear the voice attitude on that one marking me the cranky old nag that I am!!! (and I love you too)
    I don't have my apple picture downloaded on my phone or you would've got one of those. No worries...my bad, it happens when I go off the reservation

Images

Sorry if I started this trouble.
    I think it's interesting that there'll be another group hike on MLK weekend.
    I was just wondering out loud what would happen if it caught on all over the country, and maybe even beyond.
    Imagine having to pick where you want to hike in the middle of winter.
    You could be on to something here Teacher

Images

What if there was an MLK weekend 'Thru-hike? What I mean is groups up and down the AT hike short sections over that weekend that all add up to one big group thru-hike equivalent. OK, I can see the '100 mile wilderness' and Winter in the Whites pose serious problems. But if we could at least get something going for a section in each of the fourteen states, that would be something. A Maryland Crawl, a Pennsylvania Promenade, a Maine Mosey, and so on. This could become something. My idea of fun would be to hook up with a different group in a different state every year on MLK weekend.

OK, maybe I need to stop drinking the Egg Nog. Sorry for my ramblings Teacher. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night.

What if there was an MLK weekend 'Thru-hike? What I mean is groups up and down the AT hike short sections over that weekend that all add up to one big group thru-hike equivalent. OK, I can see the '100 mile wilderness' and Winter in the Whites pose serious problems. But if we could at least get something going for a section in each of the fourteen states, that would be something. A Maryland Crawl, a Pennsylvania Promenade, a Maine Mosey, and so on. This could become something. My idea of fun would be to hook up with a different group in a different state every year on MLK weekend.

OK, maybe I need to stop drinking the Egg Nog. Sorry for my ramblings Teacher. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night.
    i actually like that idea, give a handshake across state lines.

Images

I'm really not sure if I can get Overload to make 14 cheesecakes!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++