WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Perfect thru-hiker holiday gift!

IMG_6834.JPGIMG_6835.JPGIMG_6836.JPG
    Just in time for the holidays, we are selling our Katahdin signs! Perfect for a future or former thru-hiker or even a proud grandma! To order your sign today, message https://www.facebook.com/tokatahdin/ or email at [email protected]. Signs are $35 plus shipping or, if customized, $40 plus shipping. All signs are handmade to order by Nate(Viking)Harrington a 2015 thru-hiker. If you want yours before Christmas you will have to act fast!

Watch me make one -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOSBpWhgICI
    Or visit my YouTube channel BetweenTheBlazes

Thank you, and remember, keep it Between the Blazes
    Keep it between the blazes

Watched the video, and I must say, very nice craftsmanship.

Thank you.

Journal Entries

Commercial posts are violation of terms of service of this site

Default Perfect thru-hiker holiday gift!

O fer crying out loud, give the guy a break. I could be wrong, but Slackanator doesn't impress me as a "commercial enterprise".

What I got from the video, he's a former thruhiker that wants to share his joy with others. If charging for the signs to cover costs is "commercial enterprising", then my bad.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    O fer crying out loud, give the guy a break. I could be wrong, but Slackanator doesn't impress me as a "commercial enterprise".

What I got from the video, he's a former thruhiker that wants to share his joy with others. If charging for the signs to cover costs is "commercial enterprising", then my bad.
    The reason site isnt overrun with people trying to sell $hit is it simply isnt allowed.
    Mods here are pretty enthusiastic about enforcement of TOS as well.

Ive said before, there should be a designated forum for it, where people can pay nominal fee to advertise their items. Ive no objections.

There are many regular donating members here that sell products that arent allowed to promote their own items, except in their signature, or thru answering questions.

From running shuttles, to hostels, to hotels, to making tents , stoves, packs, quilts, and miscl gear.

Why would you have them take a backseat to a non donating person trying to make a buck?
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 12-11-2016 at 16:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Commercial posts are violation of terms of service of this site
    I did not realize this was against the rules. I just thought after making one of these that there may be many people that would like one, and that whiteblaze would be a good place to get the word out. My plan is not to make lots of money but as a way of giving back. My thru-hike changed my life and since returning home I have been looking for a way to give back. I will be giving $1 from every sign that I sell to the ATC and in this way I can do my part to make sure that this trail will always be there to change peoples lives.

Oh. Hey muddy is a moderator now. When did that happen?

Looks like she forgot to close the thread.

Thanks for the clarification on the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    The reason site isnt overrun with people trying to sell $hit is it simply isnt allowed.
    Mods here are pretty enthusiastic about enforcement of TOS as well.

Ive said before, there should be a designated forum for it, where people can pay nominal fee to advertise their items. Ive no objections.

There are many regular donating members here that sell products that arent allowed to promote their own items, except in their signature, or thru answering questions.

From running shuttles, to hostels, to hotels, to making tents , stoves, packs, quilts, and miscl gear.

Why would you have them take a backseat to a non donating person trying to make a buck?
    there are plenty of instances where folks are peddling there's wares, donating members and non-donating members alike...happens all the time.

IMG_9238.JPG

This thread is getting interesting ��

++ New Posts ++