WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Is marijuana getting out of control?

Is marijuana use getting out of control on and off the A/T? I have never smoked it, have no interest as I have no physical condition for which it is indicated. I'm a health nut that follows traditional healing remedies. For me the question is why is marijuana so popular on and off the A/T?

Images

I'm a health nut that follows traditional healing remedies

one (actually more than one) would say that marijuana is a natural, traditional healing remedy......

Journal Entries

Simple answer it's not.

Though I have seen it on my 2013 thru it is not by any way wide spread, tobacco is by far the drug of choice, but that's another issue.

Light weight, takes up very little pack space, soothes aches and pains, or so I'm told. Makes me non-functional, so I dont partake, but dont care if others do.

Images

For me the question is why is marijuana so popular on and off the A/T?

because it a safer alternative than the legal drugs that society promotes.........

liquor and alcohol kill far far more people than marijuana, yet society cannot get used to this........

people are going to get a buzz one way or another, its just our nature----why not do it in a safer way than what is legal.........

My Marijuana in never out of control. She is either on a leash or on voice command. I sleep with her in my tent because she keeps the bears away but never let her in shelters. She is very friendly and doesn't bother strangers, and I never force her onto people who I do not think would like my Marijuana. However, if you were ever to hike with my Marijuana you might like her too.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumpy View Post
    My Marijuana in never out of control. She is either on a leash or on voice command. I sleep with her in my tent because she keeps the bears away but never let her in shelters. She is very friendly and doesn't bother strangers, and I never force her onto people who I do not think would like my Marijuana. However, if you were ever to hike with my Marijuana you might like her too.
    OK

Ok you got us, Marijuana is evidently out of control on the trail, though those who know her can't admit it and thing everything is rosey, but you should have posted this in the dog section

Only three people stood out on my hike. One guy self medicated and flew down the trail at the start, tearing his feet up with blisters, caused no harm to anyone but himself. One girl turned into a loud hyena cackling imbecile, laughing at absolutely nothing for hours on end until midnight or later. One guy insisted on singing a really lame song in a restaurant, and seemed kind of offended when I didn't compliment him.

Maybe a hundred others seemed to handle it just fine. So, pretty much one out of one hundred adversely affected my hike.

I also ran into one drunk guy yelling at one a.m. at Uncle Johnny's, and four loud drunken late night guests at Elmer's. I'd hardly consider any of this out of control on the trail.

How can marijuana get out of control?

Carl

Its a weed. Weeds get out of control...just sayin...YMMV...just sayin...

And, I'd rather encounter a stoned hiker than a drunk one. Any day. Twice on Sundays. I can't see how YMMV....

Journal Entries
    Images

Its just weed. it has been used as natural remedies for well all of recorded history it is fairly new to USA only been here since about 1545. I'd be willing to guess there are some people you already know that you might not know they use cannibus.
    Hiking the AT is “pointless.” What life is not “pointless”? Is it not pointless to work paycheck to paycheck just to conform?.....I want to make my life less ordinary. AWOL

Images

Alcohol use and abuse is more out of control in our society than Marijuana. On the trail too I imagine.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

++ New Posts ++