WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Woody Gap to Dick's Creek

I am looking at hiking this section possibly over the Christmas break. Does anyone have any updates on water availability in Georgia. The last updates I can find were from Mid November (was planning to go then but cancelled due to fire/drought) and I know that at least here in Mississippi we've been getting a lot of rain so I'm hoping Georgia has been enjoying that as well.

Thanks

We've had several episodes of rain over the last week, which at least has reduced the fire danger a bit. I haven't had a chance to check the water sources on the trail yet, though. I would guess it has been somewhat improved, but nowhere near normal yet.

Thanks - hopefully the water levels pick up soon

Try phoning the Top of Georgia Hiker Hostel in.....Dicks Creek Gap....I'm guessing they might know....

I day hiked woody to neels a couple weeks ago before the rain and lance creek was only water I saw. Check ron's appalachian trail shuttle facebook page. I see that the fire ban just got lifted today.

Thanks for your responses - I will contact t them

Bob at Top Of Georgia has info on water for the Georgia section. Was there this past weekend and he has it on a clipboard in the dining area. Give him a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++