This weekend I decided to give dehydrating a try. Having a bunch of onions on hand, I decided to start with that... I love onions. Since I hate wasting food I only made one, figuring I'd make bigger batches once I knew better what I was doing. I followed instructions found online and set my oven at 150F (the lowest setting). After 6 hours, instead of looking dehydrated, the onions looked more like they had been caramelized. Looks like I left them in there too long. I guess I should have checked on them earlier but I was busy doing a bunch of other stuff.
All was not lost, the onions have already been eaten as part of tonight's meal and I can't wait to try it again!