WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Registered User middle to middle's Avatar

the old Nike poster for athletes JUST DO IT ! Good advice.

Although Goldilocks has long since moved on, as a 2Ker or not, for the folks asking themselves the same question I have a perspective for you. Having a bit of experience with CIA's hiring and training programs, the best thing you could do would be a thru-hike, an adventure race, or something else which demonstrates your ability and experience in performing in ambiguous situations. Self-reliance, creativity, social adaptation, persistence, and commitment are the traits of highly competitive candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Scars View Post
    Although Goldilocks has long since moved on, as a 2Ker or not, for the folks asking themselves the same question I have a perspective for you. Having a bit of experience with CIA's hiring and training programs, the best thing you could do would be a thru-hike, an adventure race, or something else which demonstrates your ability and experience in performing in ambiguous situations. Self-reliance, creativity, social adaptation, persistence, and commitment are the traits of highly competitive candidates.
    Sounds true enough. The ideal candidate would have figured that out for themselves.
    They would be heading for New Mexico or Montana and hiking the CDT.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Images

"...taking off from life..."
    No.
    Taking off to life.
    Sailor

Probably not the answer you want to hear. I couldn't justify quitting my job and hiking for 6 months. That was my choice. Not right or wrong. I will do it on my time schedule when I see fit to do it. Lord willing that I live till that day.

Quote Originally Posted by ScareBear View Post
    Justification?

I ain't gonna live forever,
    I just wanna live while I'm alive...
    It's......MY.......life.
    Bullseye!!!!

Journal Entries

Back when I worked for other people, on my application I'd list I was an Eagle Scout. It may not mean to much to a lot of people, but I did get a couple of jobs based on it. The employer said he knew if he gave a job to do I would see it through to completion. The same can be said for thru hiking the AT. May not mean much to some people, but others will know that you will work hard to achieve your goals no matter how crazy it may be.

I am just glad that I knocked out the PCT and the CDT early in my life. Now all I need to do is the AT. I have section hiked parts of it on two and three week vacations, but I am working on my body (totally out of shape) and preparing my mind to tackle it. I am working towards a 2020 thru at this point but may get to it earlier.
    Blackheart

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++