WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    ...When humankind, in its greed and stupidity, has tipped the balance, it is wilderness areas where life might have a chance to regenerate...
    These disconnected into marginalized zoo and ecologically isolated islands despite seeming free and not having noticeable physical barriers like walls or bars around them in fact do act as such...large caged zoos where many species like jaguars, elephants, wolves, bears, bison, elk, caribou, lions, rhinos, hippos, leopards, cougars, wild horses, pronghorn, wildebeest, antelope, ... are no respecters of man's wilderness and park boundaries on a map. They will be lost because of man's ignorant ecological misguided tinkering with, at it's core, the human centric Abrahamic world view and mindset that presupposes man is apart from and above a larger ecological whole. It is yet another example of humanity's widespread failure to recognize a larger ecologically integrated interconnected whole. More humans = less biodiversity of other species! That's the tale humanity wishes to ignore and lie to itself about despite the political or economic system in which it occurs. Welcome to the present - a period of mass species endangerment and extinction on land, in the sea, and in the air with man's behavior as the cause that will increase as man increases.

Damn well right better step up efforts to colonize Mars. The next planet a disconnected humanity arrives at with their parasitic self species centered mindsets similar to an over populated rampaging hoard of locusts that devour everything in their path until they start turning on and devouring each other.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    Yes, I know. No political system has all the answers. Venezuela was doing very well for itself before oil prices tanked, though.

Maybe it's the Libra in me that would like to see some kind of balance in the world. Some of us consume way more than we need for survival and comfort; others have next to nothing and are frequent targets of so-called natural disasters such as drought, fires, earthquakes, tsunamis, and torrential rains, in which climate change is playing a part.

Will we ever have a political leader who asks us to consume less, for the good of the planet and the rest of humankind? Not likely.
    It's not just the political elites, it's DiCaprio, Gore, Crow, Damon, etc that fly their private jets between their international villas telling the rest of us to cook over cow chips and use a single sheet of toilet paper (I am actually down to 4 sheets thanks to Andrew Skurka http://andrewskurka.com/2016/pooping...country-bidet/ )

I, for one, don't need a government or politician to ask me to consume less. The elites are huge hypocrites. I think many people have grown weary of their rhetoric and pompous attitudes.

Wait, Matt Damon has a personal jet? Why didn't Entertainment Weekly or People mag cover it? When is Matt going to let me fly with him? I'll offer in exchange some UL backpacking tips and scenic locations to hike in exchange. I'd rather enjoy hanging with Mr. DeCaprio(I like saying Leo's last name, it sounds like it relates to exotic Italian cuisine and Martin Scorsese's last name sounds like the wine that goes with the meal), Mr. Gore(with the global experiences, connections, and influences this man has had and currently enjoys what open minded individual wouldn't want to spend a few mins with him?), or Matt(I'd have a hard time calling him Mr. Damon as he's so much like one of the kids I had as friends growing up) privately hearing them out on environmental topics. These people are movers and shakers I want to know! There global experiences and outlooks I know I could appreciate and benefit from. Everyone isn't the hypocrite we might assume they are. There's a lot more going for these people than being hypocrite elites.

OK, off the soap box. I have to install water saving shower heads and energy saving light bulbs.

The US Gummermint isn't bashful about branding. I was in Colorado in September. I saw these signs at two campgrounds and a trailhead 30 miles or so past the end of the pavement.

Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Ps:
    I had forgotten the slogans. Good for a chuckle.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

signs, signs, everywhere there's a sign

I like the roadwork project and back to work signs with the authorized personalized signatures of the current President to let us all know it was that administration that brought this to fruition. It's even on some camping/hiking permits.

I wanted to stiff Madonna, but common sense got the better of me...again.

Perhaps Y'all missed my point. Or maybe I missed my point.
    Orange sign. Green sign. Lower left corner.
    Remember that?
    Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++