Hey all!

Been a long time since I've logged in here, but I started looking around recently and wanted to come back and announce my winter thru-hike plans for the Long Trail. Having talked about it last year with a fellow '14 NOBO friend, we decided that winter 2016 into 17 was going to be the best time for both of our schedules to undertake the next trail. My work schedule drops in December/early January and he's still in college so it will (should) work perfectly with our timing to complete the 273 miles before we have to be back in the real world.

I thoroughly blogged my Appalachian Trail adventure two, almost three, years ago, and plan to do the same thing next month. We'll be leaving from Adams, MA on December 19th and beginning our northbound trek.

If you're interested in following along, I'm going to be updating daily at www.2180miles.com (pending cell service) and will try and simultaneously post to TrailJournals as I go with the hopes of reaching the audience base there too.

Just wanted to let those of you who follow along in the L.T. area what was going down.

Onward & upward,

Texaco