WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Gear Weight

Images

Hey brother I guess you've been doing some major mods to that pack list.

Only thing Ill add is about the Surefire headlamp. That uses 123's right? Those batteries are harder to find (and expensive.) My headlamp uses 2 AAA. Every gas station and dollar store has those cheap.

Good to see you come to the darkside: lightweight gear mate.
    Looks like you are learning quicker than I did after 10 years in the Corps that I no longer need to pack for worst case scenario and EVERY contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote9 View Post
    Hey brother I guess you've been doing some major mods to that pack list.

Only thing Ill add is about the Surefire headlamp. That uses 123's right? Those batteries are harder to find (and expensive.) My headlamp uses 2 AAA. Every gas station and dollar store has those cheap.

Good to see you come to the darkside: lightweight gear mate.
    Looks like you are learning quicker than I did after 10 years in the Corps that I no longer need to pack for worst case scenario and EVERY contingency.
    haha, a lot to learn from these forums if you are willing to do the digging. also, talking with my friend over thanksgiving that thru-hiked in 2015 gave some good advice. Big thing he told me was to ditch the battery brick. just keep my phone off till i want to take a photo video or call and the battery for it will last weeks.

I think i pretty much have my pack the way i want it. coming in at a 12 lbs base weight for starting in Feb and when things heat up i should be at ~9 lbs.

my only issue now is washing clothes with my rain gear may put me on a sex offender list because that rain kilt does not hide anything!

Images

I think I saw ultra light laundry shorts at Luke's ultralite. Two ozs. to keep you legal!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy of PA View Post
    I think I saw ultra light laundry shorts at Luke's ultralite. Two ozs. to keep you legal!
    hahaha nice.

im just taking some silky shorts that can be a hiking short or underoos. Wash exo wear silkies vv

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++