WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thanks for posting the link, tpool. You owe no apologies nor explanations to anyone.
    "I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." - S. Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    Thanks for posting the link, tpool. You owe no apologies nor explanations to anyone.
    Thanks, Maydog!

I would like to second that comment.Enjoyed the read.........

I for one love Spam. For breakfast this morning I had Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam.

Yikes! You can make it....!

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Hmm. Achieving a goal is not the same as trying to achieve that goal. Is that being argued?

Can we have a measure of success by redefining goals or attaching other goals to achieving the primary goal and achieving those other goals sure but that does not ignore the achievement or lack of achieving the primary goal. The initial goal, the main goal, was not realized. In that perspective FAILURE was experienced.
    Since this thread has come back from the dead...

I'm OK with saying that the original poster has not achieved the goal.

I wouldn't say that the original poster has FAILED, because there was no time limit on the goal, and nobody he was competing against. The 'chute has to open BEFORE you hit the ground, the GF is going to be mightily pissed if you arrive 3 hours late, and if you show up to a sales call unprepared, you're going to lose the gig. But there's nothing that says a given hike has to be completed in a specific season.

I'll agree with you that he hasn't SUCCEEDED. Yet.

No shame in taking more than one run at the hill.

For what it's worth, my hikes almost always have more than one goal. Partly, that's for safety reasons. I almost never go beyond my stated itinerary. That means that my stated itinerary is the most I could possibly be doing on that trip, if everything goes perfectly. Since everything seldom goes perfectly, most of my trips are FAILUREs by your definition. In fact, I'd be surprised if I haven't bagged two dozen peaks on FAILED trips.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

you're right. but it doesn't matter because he didn't stick around long enough after carpet bombing this site to drive traffic to his blog. but you could go over to a fan site for TV or fantasy football and I bet you could find him!

hahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    you're right. but it doesn't matter because he didn't stick around long enough after carpet bombing this site to drive traffic to his blog. but you could go over to a fan site for TV or fantasy football and I bet you could find him!

hahahahaha...
    You really don't give up, do you? You would think that you would have more time on your hands for better activities than trolling this one thread. Like, maybe, posting your own hiking stories...

"Once the horse is dead, it is apt to dismount."

I actually thought that this thread had taken a siesta, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Since this thread has come back from the dead...

I'm OK with saying that the original poster has not achieved the goal.

I wouldn't say that the original poster has FAILED, because there was no time limit on the goal, and nobody he was competing against. The 'chute has to open BEFORE you hit the ground, the GF is going to be mightily pissed if you arrive 3 hours late, and if you show up to a sales call unprepared, you're going to lose the gig. But there's nothing that says a given hike has to be completed in a specific season.

I'll agree with you that he hasn't SUCCEEDED. Yet.

No shame in taking more than one run at the hill.

For what it's worth, my hikes almost always have more than one goal. Partly, that's for safety reasons. I almost never go beyond my stated itinerary. That means that my stated itinerary is the most I could possibly be doing on that trip, if everything goes perfectly. Since everything seldom goes perfectly, most of my trips are FAILUREs by your definition. In fact, I'd be surprised if I haven't bagged two dozen peaks on FAILED trips.
    Thanks, as always, for the positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by tpool33 View Post
    You really don't give up, do you? You would think that you would have more time on your hands for better activities than trolling this one thread. Like, maybe, posting your own hiking stories...

"Once the horse is dead, it is apt to dismount."

I actually thought that this thread had taken a siesta, but apparently not.
    lol. so what have you contributed to the community here? got any recommendations on fantasy golf league?..

Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    lol. so what have you contributed to the community here? got any recommendations on fantasy golf league?..
    Thanks for sharing.

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

Pretty funny article Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    Pretty funny article Taylor!
    Thanks, dude!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++