So far I have purchased most everything I think that I will need for some longer backpacking trips. Now I am down to selecting a basic stock of three season clothing. Most of my hiking will be in the Midwest, building towards an AT thru-hike.

I've got the socks, underwear and base layers covered. I already recommendations for shorts and shirts. I will hit REI up for hiking pants since fit and comfort paramount and will figure out hat and gloves for cooler weather, while I am there.

I need help figuring out cool weather clothing and rain gear. I am considering ZPacks Challenger rain jacket and kilt for the rain but, am open to suggestions. I considered the poncho option but, don't think I'd be comfortable with it.

I have found some pretty good closeout prices on Patagonia Nano puff jackets but, am not sure if I need one or if I should look at a Rab Xenon as I've seen good recommendations on it as well.

Feel free to point out anything that I may have missed. This site has been more than helpful in this journey.

Thanks in advance, Jeremiah