WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    I guess what I was saying in a polite way is that I think people here on WB aren't as dumb as you think they are and can figure it out pretty easily when someone is trying to screw them over.
    Amen Bob. You just nailed it!!
    Blackheart

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    People who post at full or more than full price should be exposed. I appreciate those posts.
    A seller can set any price point they want. If it's above the market rate, any member on here can simply move on. There's no need to expose or shame any member for selling something at the price they think it merits. It's a buy/sell page not Goodwill or a thrift store.

Journal Entries

Bpl used to have a member that bought used items at good prices....then resold them for more $. They advertised them here too.

Observant people outed him. Thats not the intent of gear swap. You could argue if buyer and seller are satisfied...so what.

But...many people dont want to do business with a person misrepresenting gear, why they bought it, used it, etc. Or encourage that type activity on a gear swap.

People also outed for not shipping purchases, using fake photos from online (you can google search an image...very helpful verifying legitimacy)

Having a few onlookers and commenters keeps things ...reasonable, and legit. You want anonymous and scams, go to craigslist.

And if it keeps an ignorant fellow hiker from making an uninformed purchase...good also. Too bad if someone cant unload a crap item to unsuspecting buyer. This is a community to better hikers experiences, not a place to unload crap or mistakes at unreasonable prices.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-07-2017 at 17:39.

I read the whiteblaze for sale forums also with the wish that they are as I wish.
    Which is, a bunch of like minded people that have bought extra stuff or upgraded and are passing along their old stuff at a FAIR price to be used by a like minded wannabe hiker.
    When it gets blatantly obvious that somebody is using the forums just to make money, I kinda shy away from those also. That should be a commercial sale to me.
    My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quite appropriate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++