WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just ordered myself a Black Bird Hammock and an Enlightened Enigma quilt! Did some thinking and felt that my North Face Quartz 22 tent and North Face Bighorn sleeping bag were not only old but heavy. Getting excited for next year!!

Quote Originally Posted by sydneywaffa View Post
    I last post didn't save the last sentence or 2, so here's the rest: I'm not too worried about trying it all out. I'm also still scraping the cash together. When I did my budgeting I should be leaving with around $3000 and a bit of emergency, but things are going to be tight.
    Good luck to you, but I would budget quite a bit more money, even if it meant delaying the hike a year...
    The trail isn't going anywhere...I've been wanting to thru-hike for 18 yrs, and the chips finally fell in place for 2017
    Just my two cents...

I finally decided to bite the bullet on SMD's 2014 Fusion 50. I have a backpack I love (Arc Haul) and was really surprised to see SMD still has some of the Fusions left, but for the price and reviews I decided I couldn't not get one...even if I sell it later, or just have it for a friend to use. I like that it is supposed to be good for heavier loads than my haul is rated for. I guess we'll see. Now, what to do with that unused ULA Circuit I don't need!

Journal Entries
    Images

I got my under quilt in the mail. I'm waiting on my dream hammock 4449 now. Should be the very last thing I am waiting for and looks to be 2 weeks out... Probably my most exciting wait.
    Hiking the AT is “pointless.” What life is not “pointless”? Is it not pointless to work paycheck to paycheck just to conform?.....I want to make my life less ordinary. AWOL

Oh, also waiting on Black Friday to order some hammock quilts.

Nothing to do with backpacking, but I have a new drinking horn tankard on the way too. Now THAT'S exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I finally decided to bite the bullet on SMD's 2014 Fusion 50. I have a backpack I love (Arc Haul) and was really surprised to see SMD still has some of the Fusions left, but for the price and reviews I decided I couldn't not get one...even if I sell it later, or just have it for a friend to use. I like that it is supposed to be good for heavier loads than my haul is rated for. I guess we'll see. Now, what to do with that unused ULA Circuit I don't need!
    I bought a Fusion as well. Still prefer my Arc Haul in Dyneema...I never used the pack and left the tags on the Fusion, for a potential "new with Tags" resale later...the shoulder harness doesn't fit my son either so I had get him an Osprey kids pack....

Images

I odered a Dream Hammock, Sparrow and a Underground Quilt, Zeppelin, 20 degree underquilt a few days ago. Now the hard part...waiting.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir

All my gear is in except for the Enlightened Equipment quilts i ordered. I knew they would take the longest and the holiday times are not helping with that. Getting all antsy and its still 100 days away till i head out to springer.

Seeing all the stuff i want to get out there and give it all a good test run but cant really do that without the quilts this time of year, haha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++