WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Richmond, VT

Default Richmond, VT

I just got back from a 170 mile section from Canada Border to Maine Junction and wanted to put a plug in for Richmond, VT.

I originally planned to skip it, and sent a resupply box to the Jonesville PO, but when I got to the PO three hours before they opened, I decided to hitch the 4 miles into Richmond to get breakfast.

Richmond is a cute little New England town with a main street, historic buildings, supermarket, bakery cafe, convenience store, library, PO, pizza place, and more. It only took me a few minutes to catch a ride hitching both in and out and the locals who picked me up were super nice and LT hiker friendly.

Big thumbs up for Richmond!
    Junco

AT 2014 / NET 2016 / PCT 2016 / and more at: http://gcappalachia.blogspot.com/

Images

Thanks for sharing...Richmond is great.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

I stopped in Richmond six years ago and loved it. Much less touristy than Manchester, but you still have a nice grocery store, a couple of decent restaurants and a very nice library. It's a compact village, so everything is easily accessible on foot. I spent the night at Mama Bower's B&B, which is now closed. I suspect that Mama and Papa Bower were just slowing down too much to do all of the work required to keep a B&B going (too bad, because they were great!). Does anybody know whether a new modestly priced B&B has opened somewhere in town? It's one thing to pay $50 or $70 to spend the night, but in New England, so many B&Bs are $100+...

I stayed there 6 or 7 years ago while on a SOBO. Richmond was a nice stop. I recall reading about a couple in Jonesville who would do shuttles and let people tent in there yard for a modest fee. I searched but couldn't find it

++ New Posts ++