WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway - looking for info

I am looking for info about this trail. The online info says it spans from west to east coast fl. It seems as though parts of it are unfinished or lacking a bridge ,based on what I've read. Has anyone here hiked it from end to end and can you share the condition of the trail?

Contact John and Sandy at floridahikes.com - they have a lot of info on their website about that trail, but they probably can also help with specific questions.
    http://floridahikes.com/cross-florida-greenway

Journal Entries
    Images

Hi Bon bon I am curious about information to on this trail as it is not far from my house.
    I live close to the citrus tract or citrus section of the FT if you are familer with it at all.
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

I hiked this about 8 yrs ago. We went from Store 88 in ONF west to Dunellon. East it goes to Palatka and stops at the St. John's river. That might be the missing bridge but I don't know if there is trail east of the river to the ocean. I also don't remember any long or odious road walks. I do remember that camping was not allowed on the greenway and we did have to use public campgrounds so daily mileage could be short or long and for one night we had a special permit from the land manager to camp near or next to the greenway.
    It was a nice hike but once out of ONF it wasn't a wilderness type of hike. The areas where they had dug for the barge canal were interesting and the Marshall Swamp (or Green Swamp?) hadn't been blazed yet so that was fun and really pretty.
    Bear in mind this was quite awhile ago and memory is a funny thing but if I find the maps and notes I had I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info. Ill check into the website and folks that were suggested here. Ill be hiking this trail at the end of the month. I am moving from the west coast of FL back to the east coast and I decided to walk.

++ New Posts ++