WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

I've also in the last hour looked at all her posts on YouTube. She claims to be hiking and raising money for sexual assault awareness, I believe, but rarely, if ever, mentions sexual assault awareness in her posts on YouTube. I'm not talking about the professionally produced "trailers" on YouTube.

Hi I'm Billie Beartrap or Will. I'm a William so whatever variation of that you prefer is ok with me. I just wanted to quickly chime in and confirm what JustBill posted on my behalf. I'll just add that she never said anything about a record attempt, but she did say that in her SOBO leg of this YOYO she was being less particular about making every mile. I'm certainly paraphrasing here.

I'll also add that my son the "documentarian" is hardly a professional. He just videos random s&@t. Miles is 5. Now as his father the sun rises and sets on him, but his videos are quite ****e by common standards. His video of the highway shoulder flying by for 12 minutes is Oscar worthy in my book. What bums me is that he occasionally asks about Ninja and refers to that day as "the best day ever". He loves dads lessons in vagabonding, and seemed to dearly admire her, and the Shenandoah's. I guess I'll tie this into a lesson in honesty when he's older.

So, it's come down to this...

"I never skipped a single mile and if that one ride for food makes it supported, then I still beat Karl's time. Can you call me?"

So much for not wanting any attention.

Images

I wonder if she hiked thru the Smokys or if she took a ride around them. Wonder if she would post a picture of her permit.

I'd like to start this by saying I am/have always been horrible with names whether that is with the towns or the people I met completing my thru hike this year. I summited Katahdin on August 16th.. That being said I definitely knew who Ninja was I'm not exactly sure what the "wild card" thing is but after seeing her pictures everywhere I know for a fact that this is the same girl I met.
    I think the first time I met this chick was at the Hikers Welcome Hostel, because as we were on the way back from buying food from the convenience store the chick sitting next to me recognized Ninja, who was getting a hitch in the back of a pick up truck. The girl sitting next to me decided to scream at the top of her lungs out the window to get Ninjas attention even though we were literally pulling into the hostel in the next 60 seconds.. I guess it couldn't wait. As we pulled in Ninja and this German? girl hopped out of the bed of the truck and began giving a long story about this crazy hitch they just got in order to go to a festival. The hikers welcome hostel owner even said to the truck driver "you are bringing me yellow blazers?!" jokingly but obviously serious too. The three just laughed and walked out back where some beer drinking began. Shortly after, the German girl she was with decided she would go to another event and would hitch to the next show with the same people she came with.. Ninja obviously had basically ran out of cash at this point and decided it was best to work for stay at the Hikers Welcome and not go to another show.
    Now this is great do your own thing "hike your own hike" blah blah I get it. It was when I heard of her talking about some charity that she set up that really caught my attention. From the little bit of conversation I had or others had with her, I gathered that she was doing a thru hike supported by the money she gets from the military and the charity she had set up, all other money she had was gone. And at the end of her hike the leftover cash given to her would be given towards her charity. Now this all sounds good unless you were in the military and realize medical disability for most is next to nothing and with out a steady paycheck obviously she would have to pull from the charity she set up. After watching her buy beer that night and smoke some cigarettes out back you could say it rubbed me the wrong way.
    I then slack packed for 2 days I think I was passing some type of stomach flu and didn't want to get too far behind everyone else (plus I love slack packing). Ninja decided she would work for stay another day and head out the day after. This really really rubbed me the wrong way as I came back to the hostel to find her once again smoking a cig while I just went through the pouring rain and was miserable.
    The next time I saw her was getting another hitch into the hostel where the awesome owner is in a wheel chair (sorry bad with names) arriving maybe 10 minutes after me. She got out of the car with two ladies who had section hiked the year before and actually stayed in that hostel previously and wanted to say hi to the owner. Before leaving, the ladies who gave her a ride asked again about her website and wanted to know if there was anything else they could do for her. She just told them she appreciated the ride and thanked them for listening to her story and that they should check out her website. I remember I had slack packed into that hostel and didn't see a single hiker that day but some how she was only 10 minutes behind me with a full pack... When the ladies left she even told us that she saw those ladies doing trail magic, told them her story and where she was going and the ladies agreed to take her to the hostel at the end of the day. She began justifying why it was alright she didn't finish the entire section until the road. Yes it was probably only a couple of miles that day... but im pretty sure that happened quite frequently.
    We had a big storm rolling in the next day and only me and a section hiker decided to go that morning, every one else agreed it would be another zero.. even her:O the hostel owner kept saying it would be dangerous but I figured I could get even a couple miles in and feel better then taking another slow day. Anyways I think you get the point. I saw her with a couple of buddies a week later I think? Sitting at a shelter joking and guess what? smoking lol. This is when the jokes really started between me and the guys I was hiking with as I wasn't sure why she was called ninja but thought it had to do with her randomly popping up in places way ahead of everyone.
    When the guys I was with who knew her for a while asked her about how she always somehow got ahead she would rush the subject and say "she was night hiking" This never added up If you knew me on the trail I always woke up at 6 and would not stop until 7-8? And with the amount of rain we had up north, hiking at night was flat out dangerous and completely outweighed hiking in the heat, that she was claiming to be avoiding. Once again she some how ended up 2 days ahead of me and I just laughed when I read her name in the trail journals. In the end apparently she finished 2 weeks ahead of me not a chance in the world.
    I wouldn't say I am the fastest hiker in America (well apparently because its... her) but I could easily count on my hands the people who passed me during the entire AT experience. I know them because it was always my mission to try and keep up with their pace. Somehow Ninja was the only person on the trail that magically found herself far ahead of me multiple times without ever passing me or having me pass her.
    I probably sound a little salty and I guess its because I know how hard it was for me to get up every single day to finish in the conditions we had but I did it. Even managing to do 24 miles average through the 100 mile.
    The story just does not add up and if it wasn't for her taking all this money for a charity... I wouldn't be here typing a book to you all. Bottom line is I along with a ton of my thru hiking buddies knew her and no one can recall a single time they even saw her put in a full days work. Somehow she managed to take months and months to go north bound but turned around and finished in 45 days unsupported... no no no. The truth will be coming out pretty soon as you detectives have already pieced most of this together.
    Trail name is Oriole btw

Ha, is this girl sure she wants people who met her on the trail chiming in?

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Her picture is definitely of Bearfence Mountain Hut (or Shelter) at 1273.3.
    Caleb- where on the web did you see her using this picture? I've been searching all over and can't find it.

From here on out, excessive yellow blazing and slack packing shall be known as "pulling a ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    Caleb- where on the web did you see her using this picture? I've been searching all over and can't find it.
    The only one I see on her social media is taken at night. https://www.facebook.com/hikeforourl...type=3&theater
    you left to walk the appalachian trail
    you can feel your heart as smooth as a snail
    the mountains your darlings
    but better to love than have something to scale

-Girlyman, "Hold It All At Bay"

Quote Originally Posted by QHShowoman View Post
    The only one I see on her social media is taken at night. https://www.facebook.com/hikeforourl...type=3&theater
    Yar- drop it, lol.
    I posted a photo from her at night to show that's where she was presumed to be on the evening of the third.
    It was a darker picture and I believe Caleb was simply posting that photo to confirm the shelter/location.

The daytime one is not part of the puzzle or posted by her. No conspiracy there.

I believe she was physically at all the locations she posted.

Also- she was on the trail for a very long time starting southbound roughly in January from some place in VA.
    She went down to Springer, was probably off trail a bit, then went from Georgia (ish) to Andover before skipping up to Katahdin to begin her record attempt.

As was pointed out- the NOBO leg was definitely a HYOH experience and not relevant really other than to say she was out for some time on trail.
    She did not complete a true yo-yo and was not claiming one.

So to be totally fair; her actions or behavior (other than to demonstrate character in general) don't really have any relevance to the FKT claims.

As of now- the only real smoking guns are taking a ride and skipping a section around Waynesboro.
    Seems there are two solid witnesses, some photos, and first hand accounts of that particular stretch.

Has anyone tried to contact arc38 or the Luther farm?

Quote Originally Posted by tour-kid View Post
    From here on out, excessive yellow blazing and slack packing shall be known as "pulling a ninja"
    classic

Quote Originally Posted by flightrisk0523 View Post
    Hi I'm Billie Beartrap or Will. I'm a William so whatever variation of that you prefer is ok with me. I just wanted to quickly chime in and confirm what JustBill posted on my behalf. I'll just add that she never said anything about a record attempt, but she did say that in her SOBO leg of this YOYO she was being less particular about making every mile. I'm certainly paraphrasing here.

I'll also add that my son the "documentarian" is hardly a professional. He just videos random s&@t. Miles is 5. Now as his father the sun rises and sets on him, but his videos are quite ****e by common standards. His video of the highway shoulder flying by for 12 minutes is Oscar worthy in my book. What bums me is that he occasionally asks about Ninja and refers to that day as "the best day ever". He loves dads lessons in vagabonding, and seemed to dearly admire her, and the Shenandoah's. I guess I'll tie this into a lesson in honesty when he's older.

In a further irony- I go by Bill, my son goes by Will, but we are all William officially as well.

To others:
    I saw the video and the photo- I will vouch/confirm it was Kaiha. Otherwise there was nothing further to glean there and the video came through a personal account link and his son is in it- no need to risk his account or exposure of his son when all we really needed was confirmation of the time he picked her up.

I posted the timestamp only as a bonus- but the conversation was enough. So please don't ask anything further from him.

Today Billie Beartrap is a friend to the trail! Even if that wasn't how you imagined helping a hiker would go, it seems it went just the way it was supposed to and thankee kindly for stopping.

If your son does take something from this day; I hope it's a taste of what the trail means to us all and what trail magic is truly about.
    Last edited by Just Bill; 09-21-2016 at 20:50.

Has anyone tried to contact arc38 or the Luther farm?
    That's a bad idea; leave them out of it.

That's a fantastic idea.

Thanks JustBill

For those who asked about the Facebook stuff... seems to still be active. But I was already in the thread so if it switched to private I can't help you.
    As far as I can see, my posts have not been deleted or blocked.
    Free country I suppose- but I won't repost it here and not much point in others going to pile it on.

I'm not much fer talking behind someone's back- so I went to her page, linked this thread and asked her to withdraw her claim or refute what was posted here.
    She admitted she hitched, but insisted she hiked every mile of trail. Had no answer to the missing miles at Rockfish Gap.

Not much more to it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Yar- drop it, lol.
    I posted a photo from her at night to show that's where she was presumed to be on the evening of the third.
    It was a darker picture and I believe Caleb was simply posting that photo to confirm the shelter/location.

The daytime one is not part of the puzzle or posted by her. No conspiracy there.
    This is correct. I posted the daytime shot based on a Google search to confirm we were discussing the correct location. It was just a comparison to her image, not something she posted.

Her post on facebook:

Kaiha Bertollini I am seriously thinking about reaching out and seeing if someone will give me a go pro, shoes, and spot tracker and re doing it. Its all I can think of at this point. I am tired but my body is used to it and I think it might hold up.1 · 30 mins

Ounces are the little-death

I would love to see that GPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Markus 4345 View Post
    Her post on facebook:

Kaiha Bertollini I am seriously thinking about reaching out and seeing if someone will give me a go pro, shoes, and spot tracker and re doing it. Its all I can think of at this point. I am tired but my body is used to it and I think it might hold up.1 · 30 mins
    Bwahahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiiight
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++