WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunnerGuy View Post
    Go read the latest comments on Stanimal's FB page under that picture. He says he DID give her a ride back to Rockfish gap the next morning. I read his earlier comment as no ride at all too, but apparently he only meant he didn't pick her up from the trail.

he gave her a ride **TO** rockfish gap, not **BACK TO** rockfish gap.

she didnt get a ride, from stanimal or anyone else, from **ROCKFISH GAP** to waynesboro. we have evidence she got a ride from **SWIFTRUN GAP** to waynesboro.

huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    he gave her a ride **TO** rockfish gap, not **BACK TO** rockfish gap.

she didnt get a ride, from stanimal or anyone else, from **ROCKFISH GAP** to waynesboro. we have evidence she got a ride from **SWIFTRUN GAP** to waynesboro.

huge difference.
    That is correct and is what I meant to say, but I see that semantically I wasn't clear.

Journal Entries

Summarizing finer points I've read/ seen:

-Her cause donations go into personal PayPal
    -Claimed doing yo-yo for cause, but skipped last 250 to katahdin
    - prior 2013 arrest for assault and battery
    - distances and times sobo are borderline impossible
    - topless photos a priority of hike
    - zero day and half
    -smokes a lot, drinks a lot during hike.
    - every other word out mouth is f-bomb in one video
    - legs shaven smooth in photos
    - chunky legs, cheese on back of thighs
    - never apparently knew of any rules, but claimed to go after the self supported record. Took rides, and stuff left for her because "people " knew where she would be.
    - claims outhiked a top world class endurance runner
    - claims slept 2-3 hrs per night

What else?

Honestly, I have doubts about her abuse story too. Might all be a scam.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 09-21-2016 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeh View Post
    So according to some posts here she didn't get the self supported record because of a hitch. Does that mean the average thru hiker is "Supported"?
    If you are going for an FKT self-supported speed record, yes. For the average thru hiker, hitching rides into town and back, taking trail magic, etc, is what people consider the typical AT hike experience. But it's a lot closer to self-supported than the full support that Metlzer, Jurek, and Davis got.

Images

So according to some posts here she didn't get the self supported record because of a hitch. Does that mean the average thru hiker is "Supported"?
    ive tried this argument a million times and no one here wants to hear it- ALL hikes of the appalachian trail are supported.

whether you want to call it "self supported" or "unsupported" or any other word you want to make up, what youre really doing is deciding which forms of support are allowed or not. based on criteria which, to my mind, is totally arbitrary.

the "unsupported" FKT is really just "person who hiked the fastest while following and being limited by this set of rules." (that set of rules being, as i said, somewhat arbitrary and up for discussion)

supported is really just "person who hiked the fastest while being allowed to do anything and everything they wanted in order to hike that fast"

anyone know the FKT for hiking with your boots untied? i think i may go for it. to me the "unsupported" record is nearly as arbitrary.

Being judged under the scrutiny of of a FKT for the unsupported record is different from your average thru-hike, but yes, under the scrutiny of an unsupported FKT most AT thru hikers would be considered "supported" for accepting hitches into town.

Got to talk to Billie Beartrap via Messenger on Facebook. He shared a photo with timestamp as well as a video.
    Unfortunately neither of us are too FB savvy so I will post a screenshot rather than the pics and video directly. Also- while Billie shared the link and I watched it- I wasn't sure if there would be a way to link back to his personal account so I'd rather not risk his account. Billie will likely log in personally after he finishes work.
    Kaiha 5.PNG

So the evening of the September 3rd was spent in the vicinity of Bearfence Shelter.
    On September 4th roughly 9 miles were hiked to Swift Run Gap.
    Billie Bearface then drove her from the trail to Stanimal's hostel.

Billie's son's time stamp shows 11:05 AM- Stanimal reports her arriving about noon.

Total known mileage on 9/4- 9 miles
    Stanimal reports dropping her off at Rockfish Gap early am on 9/5.

This results in Kaiha cutting roughly 45.5 miles of trail during this particular encounter. This disqualifies her from making any claim to any FKT.
    It would be good to see some more come in, as they are likely to have occurred- or if someone wants to flush out from there her previous or following days.
    I believe she reported being on/near McCafee knob posing for pictures on 9/6- which would further make covering the miles/making up that 45.5 somehow physically impossible.

So how's that for trail magic...
    A nice guy chooses to help out a hiker, who's son happens to have a hobby making documentaries, happens to give a hitch on just the right day for just the right piece of the puzzle to fall into place.
    Yar- woulda been nice not to have this need to happen at all- but kind of a nice coincidence that just the right person at just the right place at just the right time was available to clean it up.

Thanks to Billie and Stanimal for stepping up!

Journal Entries

There is no definitive "record". There is no organization that confers it.

Records are individual.
    You go after SOMEONES personal record.
    You have to meet or exceed their criteria, if you want their record.

The previous record holder didn't take rides, or accept stuff targeted for them. So the next cannot either.

There's an unlimited variety of possible records. Hikers have chosen to care about 2. And only 2.

You can claim any record you like. Whether anyone will care is another story.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 09-21-2016 at 13:43.

Some times your long-winded posts annoy me, JustBill, but I've appreciated your fair and honest approach in sorting this all out.
    you left to walk the appalachian trail
    you can feel your heart as smooth as a snail
    the mountains your darlings
    but better to love than have something to scale

-Girlyman, "Hold It All At Bay"

Time to close the thread and move on?

JustBill, we could not see her face in that message you shared. So to further blow up her claim, in that picture did she look like she may have just done a 53 miler? or whatever she had claimed for the 4th. This all smells and I don't need a farmer to tell me what it is!
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post

So how's that for trail magic...
    A nice guy chooses to help out a hiker, who's son happens to have a hobby making documentaries, happens to give a hitch on just the right day for just the right piece of the puzzle to fall into place.
    Yar- woulda been nice not to have this need to happen at all- but kind of a nice coincidence that just the right person at just the right place at just the right time was available to clean it up.

Thanks to Billie and Stanimal for stepping up!
    Real trail magic, is when a hiker gets just what they need, when they need it most.

What she got....was caught.
    The trail always provides.

Good job detective Bill.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 09-21-2016 at 13:56.

Jesus Christ, some of you guys should be working for the FBI or the CIA.

"But yes, my time is faster" No, it's not.

statement coming

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    statement coming
    On pins and needles here......

I thought Bill had a good response to that post. Points out the clear discrepancy, without being mean.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunnerGuy View Post
    I thought Bill had a good response to that post. Points out the clear discrepancy, without being mean.

im telling you, she doesnt even realize she skipped anything. and probably had that happen multiple times. she got in a car at swiftrun gap, got a ride "to a hostel" and the next morning got a ride "back to the trail" whether it was the same spot or not i doubt ever crossed her mind, or she doesnt think it matters if she did/figures doing that is "normal."

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    im telling you, she doesnt even realize she skipped anything. and probably had that happen multiple times. she got in a car at swiftrun gap, got a ride "to a hostel" and the next morning got a ride "back to the trail" whether it was the same spot or not i doubt ever crossed her mind, or she doesnt think it matters if she did/figures doing that is "normal."
    Anyone who has done a Thru knows you're not suppose to skip any of the trail. It's common knowledge.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

I don't know if she is delusional, or feels the ends (of getting her message out) justifies the means, or if it is something else. These two guys unknowingly helped her skip a section. My guess is that once that happened, if it was the first time, she called on friends to help her the rest of the way, when her mileage got huge. Just a guess, but that's when more pictures started showing up, not all selfies. They weren't all delusional. But I doubt she set out to break the record by cheating. I'm not going to speculate any more. This has been entertaining, but I don't want it to be at her expense, nor do I really want to prolong her exposure. But I said to myself last night that I was done with this topic, yet here I am. Tomorrow I'll be out all day, partly on trails, so hopefully I can break myself free!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++