WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    After 3 minutes I still didnt know what she was babbling about .
    Having watched the above video I have to say am am really worried for this woman. Keep in mind she is someones daughter and friend. I am glad that her fraud has been found out, she has done a great injustice to the real FKT holders. But at this point I suggest people at least stop posting on her Facebook page. When she comes to terms with what her reality is, I fear for her wellbeing. She really appears to be in a fragile state. At this point I think this is best left for those closest to her to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    You can watch the entire original video on her YouTube Channel (link below). This is just sad, sad, sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxws0Cmn0HA
    I find this video REALLY unsettling. She doesn't seem entirely stable....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
    Yup, time to let this rest.

Billie (Will) is not a liar.
    I saw everything he has and the story is clear and also explains why it is unclear to Kaiha.
    He sent me everything he had and I have it despite his facebook account being damaged.
    There are also some additional people who reached out with more hitches/rides to share.

I sent an email to them (Kaiha and Jenny) and posted on Facebook.
    I wanted to give them some time to see the information and to have the chance to discuss it privately out of courtesy.
    They appear to have used that time to attack him personally.

I'm going to stand by that for a decent bit here- but feel badly leaving Will hanging or watching folks speculate at his expense or demand more follow up. The fact that his Facebook profile has been crashed is enough evidence that it is getting out of hand.

What Will provided is credible and does conflict with her recent update- however I could understand her confusion too as what was said here was not 100% accurate either.

Both Billie and Kaiha were correct- just more to each story.

Don't mean to attempt the fastest known drama queen record here; But I told them I'd give them some time before I posted what I have. It's fine being a liar, but a gentleman keeps his word.

I don't know a thing about facebook- but Will if you need any help to clear your name or straighten your account out I will be happy to speak to anyone at facebook if they need to contact me. Unfortunately- many a hiker has recently been cracked down on for using trail names and I'd imagine that's all that it is and other than loosing that sweet Billie Beartrap handle... no real damage will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by joeshmo View Post
    Hey, looks like Mr. Beartrap has photo/video of Mrs. Bertollini getting a hitch? Anyway, if we can get the raw data instead of a screenshot, it may contain location in the EXIF data, which would absolutely prove where the photo was taken. For starters, is it photo and/or video? What phone/camera/device was used?
    There's no need for metadata. He knows where he picked her up from and drove her to. The hostel dropped her off 50 miles down the trail. Beartrap word is good enough. He has nothing to gain.

Default . . .

This...
    "In the SNP I missed judge my food and I ran out. I had walked for 28 hours straight and was starting to nod off as I walked. Something I haven’t experienced since Basic Training. I needed to eat and I had no food. There was nowhere to go but Waynesboro, VA which is 6 miles off trail and you have to get there by highway. I had to hitch, I had no other option. A man and his very cute son picked me up and took me to the hostel. I even let his son take a picture of me. I did not hide this from anyone. I ate, I slept and was dropped back at Rock Fish gap where I was picked up. I do not know why this man is saying he gave me a ride 50 plus miles ahead and I can’t prove that he is lying. "

Does not work with this...
    September 4th 6:08AM post by Kaiha (likely this post was written end of September 3rd and didn't post until AM from Bearfence Shelter)
    "All in a day. 53.3 miles, in shelter by 10:30 pm- that's a new record for me guys, AND I'm getting a full 6 hours of sleep tonight. Say what?! I'm so excited, sleep, I can finally sleep."

September 4th 6:13AM another post asking if anyone can ship a 30 degree sleeping bag to Daleville,PA was checked in at Lewis Mountain (Elkton, VA)

From there to Rock Fish gap is around 46 miles, while Swift Run Gap is about 9 miles.

September 4th 11:05AM
    , time stamped screenshots verify a pick-up by Billie Beartrap.

September 4th 12:00AM (appox) dropped off at Stanimals hostel in Waynesboro

September 5th 6:00AM dropped at Rock Fish Gap by Stanimals
    Comment by Stanimals on the 5th about the "53 miler" previous day wouldn't be about the 4th, but rather a reference to the 3rd.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    I don't know a thing about facebook- but Will if you need any help to clear your name or straighten your account out I will be happy to speak to anyone at facebook if they need to contact me. .
    FB has a policy of 'Real names only.' My guess is that people savvy to this notified FB that 'Beartrap' was not a 'real name.' Usually FB then demands documentation that you are using your real name, or they make you change your profile to your real name.

Registered Offender

Quote Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
    I'm certainly no spokesperson for the disenfranchised, but I'm through poking fun at her. While she might deserve it (and she doesn't deserve to be absolved of her behavior), I know I'll actually feel a twinge of guilt if she ends up doing something drastic, and she certainly looks to be heading down that path. That's one path I think we'd rather not see her on.

Quote Originally Posted by flightrisk0523 View Post
    I am Billie Beartrap. Seems that someone (had to be several people to get FB to move on it) questioned my name on FB so my account is "under review" and it's as if never existed there.

Seems like someone is sour. Oh well.

From sad to worse. Only the truth can set her free.
    Sorry you got dragged into the muck, Will. Really appreciate you giving the incontrovertible proof, along with the Stanimal's account the next day, that she skipped a sizeable section. Hope things get back to normal for you. Cheers.

I saw everything he has and the story is clear and also explains why it is unclear to Kaiha.
    He sent me everything he had and I have it despite his facebook account being damaged.
    There are also some additional people who reached out with more hitches/rides to share.

I wanted to give them some time to see the information and to have the chance to discuss it privately out of courtesy.

I'm going to stand by that for a decent bit here- but feel badly leaving Will hanging or watching folks speculate at his expense or demand more follow up. The fact that his Facebook profile has been crashed is enough evidence that it is getting out of hand.

What Will provided is credible and does conflict with her recent update- however I could understand her confusion too as what was said here was not 100% accurate either.

Don't mean to attempt the fastest known drama queen record here; But I told them I'd give them some time before I posted what I have. It's fine being a liar, but a gentleman keeps his word.

I don't know a thing about facebook- but Will if you need any help to clear your name or straighten your account out I will be happy to speak to anyone at facebook if they need to contact me. Unfortunately- many a hiker has recently been cracked down on for using trail names and I'd imagine that's all that it is and other than loosing that sweet Billie Beartrap handle... no real damage will be done.

Whoa whoa clearly I did not explain myself. I do not doubt Billie one iota. I am not "speculating at his expense" or "demanding more follow-up". I'm just saying, why not gather more evidence? I guess no one likes the idea, sorry for suggesting it... I guess I was just curious to see what he had. If I photographed and videoed this crazy chick and it disproved her claims, I'd share that data publicly. It's extremely easy to see where a photograph was taken if the device has GPS. Even if not, maybe you can see stuff in the video background... But he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, just a suggestion to help the team here. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by joeshmo View Post
    Whoa whoa clearly I did not explain myself. I do not doubt Billie one iota. I am not "speculating at his expense" or "demanding more follow-up". I'm just saying, why not gather more evidence? I guess no one likes the idea, sorry for suggesting it... I guess I was just curious to see what he had. If I photographed and videoed this crazy chick and it disproved her claims, I'd share that data publicly. It's extremely easy to see where a photograph was taken if the device has GPS. Even if not, maybe you can see stuff in the video background... But he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, just a suggestion to help the team here. Carry on.
    Wasn't directed at you or anyone. Was a general comment for those here and those following along from elsewhere.

The mystery of Rockfish Gap is closed. I will post the story when able. I was going to give them the evening and post in the morning.

I have no issue with others checking other spots along her hike if you'd like.
    This started simple- prove one error- invalidate the hike.
    I believe that is done, though a second or third section couldn't hurt.

But also as others have said- there is a person at the end of this.
    Hopefully the end of the story is not anymore unpleasant than it already appears to be.

Ah ok sounds good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Anon090909 View Post
    This...
    Kaiha's most recent explanation -- Beartrap picked me up at Rock Fish Gap, not Swift Run Gap -- does not work with her FB posts that day.
    Just to be clear, you've pointed out two distinct two problems with her most recent post on FB:

1) Her most recent story -- I ran out of food and hiked for 28 hours straight without stopping -- contradicts her FB posting en route -- I stopped at Bear Fence Shelter; I got in so early I got a good night's sleep.

2) Her claim that Beartrap is confused/lying about where he picked her up contradicts her early morning FB posts on the 4th. Those posts put her too far from Swift Run Gap -- 40ish miles -- for her to make it there in time to meet him at 11. If he picked her up at 11, that'd be 40+ miles in less than 5 hours. Since that's 1/2 an hour off the American women's road record of 4:26:13, it's not possible.

Here's a minor piece of that puzzle I don't have.

How far is it from the Rockfish Gap Fee booth to the divided highway wood guard rail just south of there where she was dropped off?
    Not the park entrance, but the fee booth itself.

Guess I can kinda google earth it- but If I remember right you exit the park, walk down the hill, over 64 and road walk next to the blue ridge parkway (coming sobo). The rail itself is on the east shoulder but not quite across the frontage road.... just south of 250 on a map but south of Alton Circle it looks like. It's where the trail goes east to continue southbound after you clear the highways... but you'd walk a little further if going into town.

Across from the burned out old hotel, the popcorn stand and the tourist shack that let hikers call for rides into town.

Been a few years... but too bad nobody told Kaiha that with the slightest reminder near any hiker can recall vivid details of the trail.

or maybe somebody did damn memory is going on me.

Journal Entries

Read her post.
    She claims walking for 28 hr before hitching out
    Falling asleep while walking

If true, she had no idea where she was is the explanation.

Interesting someone posted on the facebbok that they met her on aug 10 or 11 just south of Gorham. She responded positively to that, even though she was apparently in Andover taking a zero, smoking and drinking.

Possibly, yellow blazing , like lying, gets confusing after a while?

Oops, just read above she apparently changed her story. Ill be damned, lying do get confusing dont it.?
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 09-22-2016 at 17:21.

Here's a minor piece of that puzzle I don't have.

How far is it from the Rockfish Gap Fee booth to the divided highway wood guard rail just south of there where she was dropped off?
    Not the park entrance, but the fee booth itself.

Guess I can kinda google earth it- but If I remember right you exit the park, walk down the hill, over 64 and road walk next to the blue ridge parkway (coming sobo). The rail itself is on the east shoulder but not quite across the frontage road.... just south of 250 on a map but south of Alton Circle it looks like. It's where the trail goes east to continue southbound after you clear the highways... but you'd walk a little further if going into town.

Across from the burned out old hotel, the popcorn stand and the tourist shack that let hikers call for rides into town.

Been a few years... but too bad nobody told Kaiha that with the slightest reminder near any hiker can recall vivid details of the trail.

or maybe somebody did damn memory is going on me.
    It's about 1/4 mile. You can't see it from that rail, and definitely have to go in a little ways. You have a good memory of the area.

It's a hefty jaunt to get to Waynesboro. A good two miles downhill just to get to Rockfish Gap outfitters. More like 3 to get to the post office, Y, Krogers, and library.

I am not actually very familiar with Swift Run Gap, but I don't think anyone would confuse the two. Nor the 5 minute drive from Rockfish as opposed to the hour from Swift Run. Not sure if an hour is right but it seems close enough.

The truth is much easier to remember.

We like to make jokes about "I read it on the internet" but the fact is that there's a collective depth and breadth of knowledge on specialty forums such as this that will ferret out BS rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon090909 View Post
    This...
    "In the SNP I missed judge my food and I ran out. I had walked for 28 hours straight and was starting to nod off as I walked. Something I haven’t experienced since Basic Training. I needed to eat and I had no food. There was nowhere to go but Waynesboro, VA which is 6 miles off trail and you have to get there by highway. I had to hitch, I had no other option. A man and his very cute son picked me up and took me to the hostel. I even let his son take a picture of me. I did not hide this from anyone. I ate, I slept and was dropped back at Rock Fish gap where I was picked up. I do not know why this man is saying he gave me a ride 50 plus miles ahead and I can’t prove that he is lying. "

Does not work with this...
    September 4th 6:08AM post by Kaiha (likely this post was written end of September 3rd and didn't post until AM from Bearfence Shelter)
    "All in a day. 53.3 miles, in shelter by 10:30 pm- that's a new record for me guys, AND I'm getting a full 6 hours of sleep tonight. Say what?! I'm so excited, sleep, I can finally sleep."

September 4th 6:13AM another post asking if anyone can ship a 30 degree sleeping bag to Daleville,PA was checked in at Lewis Mountain (Elkton, VA)

From there to Rock Fish gap is around 46 miles, while Swift Run Gap is about 9 miles.

September 4th 11:05AM
    , time stamped screenshots verify a pick-up by Billie Beartrap.

September 4th 12:00AM (appox) dropped off at Stanimals hostel in Waynesboro

September 5th 6:00AM dropped at Rock Fish Gap by Stanimals
    Comment by Stanimals on the 5th about the "53 miler" previous day wouldn't be about the 4th, but rather a reference to the 3rd.
    So ignore all the rides- and go with her side only- call will a mistaken liar and he did pick her up from Rockfish Gap.

10:30 pm down- planning 6 hours of sleep.
    4:30 wake up and go.
    IIRC- it was 9 miles from the shelter to swift run gap, then 45 more so the race is on! 50+ miler before noon.
    11:05 arrival at Rockfish Gap means a blistering 7.7 MPH if I snapped that off right. 50/6.5.

Matt Kirk holds the FKT for the most miles in a 24 hour anywhere on the AT period at 99 miles- coincidently in the Shennies- how handy.
    Where he averaged 4.125 MPH in peak shape going for that record.

I'm not up on Ultrarunners but google tells me-
    Larisa Dannis, 27, averaged 7:11 per mile in winning the USA 50 Mile Road Championship on Saturday. She set the event record by more than 37 minutes, and her time of 5:59:11 was the fastest 50-miler by an American woman in 20 years and the third fastest by an American woman ever. Only ultrarunning legend Ann Trason, who holds the world best of 5:40:18, and Donna Perkins (5:55:41) have run faster, according to ultrarunning.com.

So it is indeed humanly possible.
    Though she didn't look like she just ran one of the top 10 womens 50 mile times in history in the video I saw- that I can confirm.
    Course those are road times, not trail times unless the trail was re-routed to Skyline Drive this year? That would make it a fair comparison. It is technically mainly flats and downhills too which would have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Ill be damned, lying do get confusing dont it.?
    It takes a certain amount of expertise and practice.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++