WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Smokies Shuttle

Default Smokies Shuttle

Looking for a shuttle from the tunnel on the road to nowhere up to clingmans dome on morning of 9/15. Hike Inn is unavailable. Sorry to hear about Jeff.

A walk in the woods did one of my shuttles for the smokies A+
    Standing bear did the other shuttle, nothing wrong with SB, just not the professionalism as with a walk in the woods, it was a new lady and I was her first shuttle, all turned out well except when we got to the top of clingmans dome w/ the clouds and rain blowing in she was yelling at me in the parking lot to get back into the van "its not safe!!!!" haha that was entertaining.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I'll give walk in the woods a call. Thank you. No shuttle drivers that you know of in Bryson City by any chance?

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Another shout-out for A Walk In The Woods... but yea, they might be a little expensive since they are not stationed out of the Bryson City Area.
    The other shuttle service I recommend is AAA Hiker Service. But again, might be a little expensive since they are stationed out of Cosby Area I believe.

I've also used AAA. Great service.

I am looking for a shuttle from Devenport Green Corner Rd to Winding Stair Gap In 2017 April or May. Any recommendations? Also price range?

Images

I was quoted $194 (185 cash) for shuttle Davenport Gap to Fontana. Up to five people.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Thanks. By the way, who is that service provider? Did you end up using it? Fontana is only half way to Winding Stair Gap. So I guess mine would be even more expensive. Yaks.

++ New Posts ++