WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I keep a small piece of carbon felt with my pot to use as insulation for the handles.
    Where did you find the carbon felt? I checked locally at Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware without any luck. I'm not thrilled with fiberglass in some of my stoves and wanted to try another option.
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

I got mine from batchstovez.com but Amazon is full of options.

Here is batchstovez link http://www.batchstovez.com/accessories.php

btw, does anyone have a used Evernew pot 1.3L (or 0.9L), not the tall ones they would be willing to sell?

I don't care if it is scorched, dented, etc..

Images

I got mine from batchstovez.com but Amazon is full of options.

Here is batchstovez link http://www.batchstovez.com/accessories.php
    Thanks, I'll probably end up going that route.
    “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.” –Socrates

My response which YOU requested was only eight lines.Others in this thread have been longer.

What I find disrespectful is rude jerks like you in this forum trying to start something over nothing.

Got it?
    oh I'm sorry, in my analysis I left out petulant...

seriously dude, listed age of 64 and this is how you write? I can only assume you've gone back to school to obtain a degree in "Adolescent Girl" and this is your homework?..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    It would be best to capitalize the first letter of your sentences when criticizing other people's writing. Just sayin'...
    ha! yeah, but at least I have somewhat of an excuse. I have a severed nerve in my let pinky and the shift button on the other side doesn't work.

but anyway, you can read what I wrote, no?

Does anyone else on WhiteBlaze care to comment on my faulty "writing style"?Just curious is all...........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    oh yeah, now I see why you didn't want to discuss it. you seem to be allergic to the space bar and paragraphs.

that's unfortunate as I was looking forward to reading your explanation...
    but anyway, you can read what I wrote, no?
    Oh the irony...
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    Oh the irony...
    I guess the comma key doesn't work either. That's unfortunate as I was looking forward to reading his explanation.

I have a S2S Tek Towel which I use as a hot-pot grabber, cleaner, tent-dryer etc...good multi-use item. I also found that on the rare occasion I drank coffee (I switched to caffeine pills to keep the headaches at bay) that the $2 collapsible silicone mugs in the camping section of Walmart fit my Snow Peak 900ml Ti pot perfectly; another multi-use item if it can be used as lid and cup. I think S2S makes one but it weighed close to the same and was 10x as expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Fer just boiling water, and the features you're looking for Toaks is hard to beat. They are a bit thinner, unlike the Evernew they don't seem to disappear from stock for long periods of time, and are a solid value for the price.
    In what you want- 700ml- http://toaksoutdoor.com/titanium700mlpot.aspx
    Or the similar 900ml- http://toaksoutdoor.com/titanium900mlpot.aspx

If I had to choose one- still a fan of the Snow Peak set, though the one I have is no longer available, this is close- https://snowpeak.com/collections/coo...iant=671149681
    The one I have was 1L and included a small bowl. The snowpeak is a hair heavier, as it's made out of thicker TI overall. However, you can actually cook in it, the lid can be used as a double boiler of sorts which will let you-
    In the morning make coffee in the main pot as well as cook up a freeze dried breakfast in the lid (this lets you steam out the water so it actually tastes like an omelet.
    In the evening you can do the same with dinner or just water and a side of veggies or grains in the lid.
    The bowl I wouldn't miss much, but when I first started it was handy to have the bowl/lid combo for a short trip and leave the main pot at home.

Being thick enough and large enough at 1L you could cook a bit in it, say fry up some veggies and meat in the pot to give a bit more body to a soup/stew or cook a relatively full pot of pasta without burning it or watching it like a hawk.
    Thank you for the info. The Snow Peak looks like it will work well with an alcohol stove and the lid is ideal for making popcorn. It is heavier than my current mug and lid but I'd like to do more cooking and less FBC. This is going on my wish list.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Fer just boiling water, and the features you're looking for Toaks is hard to beat. They are a bit thinner, unlike the Evernew they don't seem to disappear from stock for long periods of time, and are a solid value for the price.
    They also have the Raccoon Seal of Approval.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Journal Entries

yah, reading solid blocks of text is not my bag, man.

some people may consider writing like that expressive, stylish, even "edgy". I just think it's juvenile and kind of disrespectful to the people you wish to read what you wrote...
    I just have to...... But you Secondmouse, can't capitalize? Perfect grammar, spelling and formatting will not be found on WB, and I know you are not new here, so why even address such a silly thing?... And I just did the same thing.
    " Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. "

Quote Originally Posted by Lnj View Post
    I just have to...... But you Secondmouse, can't capitalize? Perfect grammar, spelling and formatting will not be found on WB, and I know you are not new here, so why even address such a silly thing?... And I just did the same thing.
    I addressed it because, its a block of words with no spacing at end of sentences. why? I don't know, maybe he gets charged by the space...

regardless, it's not a matter of style, or form, or convention, it's just difficult to read. I chose not to read it and the gentleman in question went all adolescent on me. other people jumped in and all of a sudden my thread is off the tracks.

So, do you have a favorite Titanium Pot, or do you just like to stir one?..

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    They also have the Raccoon Seal of Approval.
    what is this RSA you speak of?..

I am rocking the Snow Peak Trek 700 with Four Dog lid. Plenty of capacity for boiling water for my meal and a cup of coffee. I tried different pots in the past, but this one works for me.

Sent from mobile

If anyone can bear to read my faulty writing style,I am still in the market for a titanium pot of any depth as long as the inside diameter measures 3&15/16 inches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++