WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2017 NOBO thru hiker looking for partner

I'm a 42y/o female looking to leave anytime from February 13- March 6. I prefer leaving on a Monday - Thursday. I live in Northeast Georgia and would like to find a partner close by to train together beforehand, also to identify compatibility. I'm comfortable to hike solo sometimes too. I'm also happy with a group. I look forward to meeting others on the trail adding/subtracting from the group but would prefer to have that "one" person to support one another. I also want to make the most of my time to appreciate the experience. Although I want to make good mileage each day, I'm going to heed advice from the experts and listen to my body. I have 10+ years of long distance backpacking but have not done so in 15 years.
    Last edited by Cworth42; 08-17-2016 at 00:09.

I'm planning on leaving sometime between Feb 15th to Feb 28th depending on the weather. This will be my 2nd thru-hike of the AT. I have 8 years experience with long distance hiking. Though I live in east Tennessee (just 20 minutes from Erwin), I do make regular trips to the southwest portion of the Smoky's as I am a trail maintainer there. I can hike anywhere between 12 to 20 miles per day depending on terrain and effort from previous days. It would be great to have an experienced hiking partner going through the Smoky's since the weather can get bad. Support is a very wise thing to pursue in conditions like that. I will be making trips down to the Fontana Dam area to keep in shape and to double check gear in the winter conditions in the Smoky's. Don't know if this is what you consider close by. If it is, let me know.

lindscor2
    Hello! I am also looking for a partner to hike with and leaving around the same time! I am not sure if I plan to finish the whole trail but I want to do at least 3 months. I am a 25 year old female and I live in South Carolina, so not terribly far if you would like to meet up before hand. If you want to shoot me an email that is the easiest way to contact me, [email protected]. Have a great day!

I am looking to start around the same time and would love to have a buddy. Safety and weight sharing can go a long way. [email protected]

++ New Posts ++