I plan to be doing about half of the Bigfoot Trail NOBO starting just south of the Russian Wilderness. I will be transferring over from the PCT where my last PCT resupply will be Castella, well probably Dunsmuir or Mt. Shasta so I can get some rest and recollect myself before this more intensive, less developed trail.

Here is a link to another thread that is relevant to the planned first part of my hike through the Sierras in September, possibly October if anyone is, of course, interested: http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthre...ces?highlight=

I have been in a bit of sparse contact with the founder of the BFT, but when it comes to forums and others the first-hand experience there doesn't seem to be too much. I also am currently reading Conifer Country, which highlights the bio-diversity of the area. What a great book for anyone with an affinity towards trees and the natural world.

If anyone at all has any experience on this trail, or in NW Cali and the Klamath mountains in general, please feel free to share. I will be alone out there (if all goes to plan) in mid-October. Possibly later. Thank you! WB has been instrumental in keeping my motivation up as this goal of mine is constantly facing challenges.