WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NOBO from Stratton Mtn-Looking for fellow hikers

Leaving late september-early october, pretty flexible on start date but looking for someone to join me on the way to Canada!

Anybody going north around that time? I finished the first 1/3 of the trail last summer and looking forward to seeing the north terminus this summer.

Images

Sorry, I'll be SOBO at the same time, but I reckon we'll cross paths along the way!

Starting September 19th or 20th on the Canadian line. really looking forward to this little hike.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Sorry, I'll be SOBO at the same time, but I reckon we'll cross paths along the way!

Starting September 19th or 20th on the Canadian line. really looking forward to this little hike.
    Awesome Rob! I thought of starting at Jay and heading south, but I've got to drop my dog off at my friends near Stratton. See you out there!

Keep in mind that northern Vermont is starting to head into winter by mid October. The days are getting short and the trail is really, really hard. Progress is very slow and the chances of having to hike by headlamp to make the last few miles to a shelter is great. Keep in mind that camping is only permitted at designated sites due to the fact the trail passes over Private and State land. Sunrise is about 7 AM and sunset is about 6 PM for Stowe, VT in early October. It gets dark in the woods and on the east side of the ridge by 5 PM.

The first third of the LT is a cake walk compared to the northern third and the middle third gets pretty crazy in places too.

If you want to go NOBO, start as early in September as you can. It's possible it will be a mild and dry fall, but you can't count on that.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

++ New Posts ++