WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Long trail Nobo July25- Aug11 looking for partner

I am hiking the Long Trail end to end and I am looking for a hiking partner. I have lashed the AT and High Sierra Trails now it's time for Vermud. If you are interested message me. Chris aka Soggy [email protected]

You want to do the LT in 17 days? Good luck with that.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    You want to do the LT in 17 days? Good luck with that.
    'ya think 16 miles a day for 17 days is too much?
    -My feet are my only carriage so I've got to push on through-

Quote Originally Posted by VT-Mike View Post
    'ya think 16 miles a day for 17 days is too much?
    Since your lucky to do 1 mph on much of the trail north of the Maine Junction, yes. Your also limited by shelter spacing since those are the only legal (and for the most part the only possible) place to camp. 21 days is a more typical fast pace and closer to 28 days is a more typical average pace for the once a year hiker.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Took me 27 days in 2013. I could have easily shaved a couple days off that, but that was a genuine workout. That was the year it rained every day in June and half of July.

Yeah low 20's seems to be average number of days for most. I have read of a few 14 to 16 day E2E's. Well Soggy I wish you luck and hope you can do it! I would love to hear about your experience, either way if you succeed or not. I have plans just as ambitous shortly after your planned end date.
    -My feet are my only carriage so I've got to push on through-

That is ambitious but can be done. I did the northern section heading southbound a couple of years ago and made my plans based on how hard everyone said the northern section was. I was only hoping for 10-12 mile days at best when I left. I had a blast and averaged 13-17 miles per day. I hike longer days at times and if it wasn't for the shelter restrictions in the north I could have put longer days in. With that being said I only did the northern section and who knows of I could have kept those miles up for the whole trail. The trail can be wet, muddy and brutal but I loved every minute of it. Go and have a blast!

Default I appreciate

I appreciate the concerns about the lack of not being able to hike it all but the dates were approximate. I am actually starting on the July 23-Aug 18. I will try and knock it all out. Will let you know how it goes.

++ New Posts ++