WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: MTR Store

Default MTR Store

Anyone have experience here? About to mail my supplies their way and they note that they have iso butane and alcohol in their small store at "reasonable prices". Anyone pick up stuff here? I just don't want to be left without fuel. Also, even though their website says you can't mail fuel in the post you definitely can- you just have to declare it and make sure it is properly packaged for ground transport. But if they have a stocked store I'd prefer that totally.

Journal Entries

Im not sure I would refer to it as a store. I only stuck head in door, but it was more like a dark shed that sold a few items.

They should have cannisters. I recall some hikers literally elated they had sawyer squeeze bags.

What their site says is correct, you cant mail flammable liquids. Cannisters are classified as compressed flammable gasses, and have specific ORM-D regulations in USPS pub.52. 342.22 mailable gases.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 06-22-2016 at 14:49.

They had 220g canisters there when I passed through in 2014. As noted, I wouldn't call it a store... if you need something besides fuel, be sure to put it in your bucket.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

Thanks for the info. I just didn't want to have "sun steeped" freeze dried food after my MTR resupply.

++ New Posts ++