WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default To late to flip-flop?

My girlfriend and I are planning on starting a flip flop hike starting in Hamburg Pennsylvania. Was curious how long it may take to get to Maine, and more to the point, weather we could get there in time. Not really all to worried about winter down south, Feal that we're pretty well prepared for that
    Still are going to try, but just thought it would be nice to know what everyone thought the chances of getting to Maine in time are

Quote Originally Posted by brother brzo View Post
    My girlfriend and I are planning on starting a flip flop hike starting in Hamburg Pennsylvania. Was curious how long it may take to get to Maine, and more to the point, weather we could get there in time. Not really all to worried about winter down south, Feal that we're pretty well prepared for that
    Still are going to try, but just thought it would be nice to know what everyone thought the chances of getting to Maine in time are
    Plan on starting on the twentieth by the way

Lots of time. If you start in Hamburg you will be ahead of a lot of NOBO thru-hikers that started a bit late

how long it will take? 2-3 months depending on how fast you go. You'll have time to take a bit longer than that as well

There's certainly time, though you will be walking into winter after the flip. PA is roughly the halfway point, so most likely it will take you 2.5 to 3 months to get to Katahdin. A typical thru hike is around 5-6 months.

Bottom line: You have the time to do the flip-flop.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

++ New Posts ++