WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Getting in shape!

I've been doing 200 squats a day with a 50 lb pack, plus a 2 mile hike with ~75lbs.

Well, sort of.

I've been trapping small mammals (like mice and voles, with the occasional ground squirrel) on the prairie for the the better part of a month. It's a LOT of gear, hiked to your site, where you 'set' a grid of 100 traps. A full trap bag weighs in at 50lbs. We set 2 grids a night.

The prairie is hillier than it looks!

There's some beautiful country up there.

Sounds like a great way to train! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by newtgirl View Post
    I've been doing 200 squats a day with a 50 lb pack, plus a 2 mile hike with ~75lbs.

Well, sort of.

I've been trapping small mammals (like mice and voles, with the occasional ground squirrel) on the prairie for the the better part of a month. It's a LOT of gear, hiked to your site, where you 'set' a grid of 100 traps. A full trap bag weighs in at 50lbs. We set 2 grids a night.

chase chickens for a well rounded cross train, really gets the blood pumpin'...don't eat you get one.

You'll stay in great shape if your shelter hopping...plenty to keep you busy.....curious what your trapping mice in the prairie for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by newtgirl View Post

Well, sort of.

I recently got to read in a blog that regular hiking will help you lose weight and help you to to maintain good shape. For example, while hiking for one hour at a 2 mph pace, you will burn 312 calories if you are weighing 200 pound. There are many benefits of hiking that will help you maintain good physical health. To know more about the procedure, just go through the blog
    http://www.focusphysiotherapy.com/top-benefits-hiking/

++ New Posts ++