WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Mrs Baggins

Default Mrs Baggins

Looking for any news about Mrs Baggins. We last saw her in Damascus in 2010. Does anyone know if she is still section hiking or anything about how she is doing?

Waterfall and Kimo

Images

She is very active on Facebook, but has been undergoing treatment for a time now for cancer. I don't think she'd object to me sharing that. She's a gracious, generous lady.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I don't do Facebook. I do believe she posted quite a while ago to update Whiteblaze folks about her condition and to ask for prayers. Hope she is doing well.

Images

I'll tell her about this thread.
    Last edited by Rain Man; 06-02-2016 at 10:26.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Hi All! Rain Man was kind enough to let me know about this thread today. As for me being seen in Damascus.....no. Not in 2010 anyway. Hubby and I were there in 2009 and stayed up in Grayson Highlands camping in our pop up trailer. So it was someone else there in 2010. At any rate, I'm doing well. As Rain Man said, I've been dealing with ovarian cancer, Stage 4, since late Jan 2015. I had surgery in February, it was all removed, endured chemo for a full year, numerous blood transfusions, and a near fatal lung infection that had to be removed from my left lung. I've been done with chemo since Dec 2015 and PET scan shows all clear. I've just started to get back to hiking. The lung surgery left a great deal of very painful scar tissue and it's just now (after a year) getting to where I can hike a couple of miles without too much pain. I have a lot of hiking to do this summer because hubby and I are going to Spain to hike the Camino de Santiago in September, even if I have to take a packload of pain meds with me. I'm going!

Love to you all!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Hi All! Rain Man was kind enough to let me know about this thread today. As for me being seen in Damascus.....no. Not in 2010 anyway. Hubby and I were there in 2009 and stayed up in Grayson Highlands camping in our pop up trailer. So it was someone else there in 2010. At any rate, I'm doing well. As Rain Man said, I've been dealing with ovarian cancer, Stage 4, since late Jan 2015. I had surgery in February, it was all removed, endured chemo for a full year, numerous blood transfusions, and a near fatal lung infection that had to be removed from my left lung. I've been done with chemo since Dec 2015 and PET scan shows all clear. I've just started to get back to hiking. The lung surgery left a great deal of very painful scar tissue and it's just now (after a year) getting to where I can hike a couple of miles without too much pain. I have a lot of hiking to do this summer because hubby and I are going to Spain to hike the Camino de Santiago in September, even if I have to take a packload of pain meds with me. I'm going!

Love to you all!
    Glad to hear you are on the mend Mrs. Baggins. Wish you many blessings on your pilgrimage.

Thank you for your replies. The Mrs Baggins I am looking for is under 5ft tall and was never married as of 2010. I was you well with your health. Waterfall

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post

Love to you all!
    Wow, you've been through quite an ordeal! Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Best of luck and prayers your way!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker-Deb View Post
    Thank you for your replies. The Mrs Baggins I am looking for is under 5ft tall and was never married as of 2010. I was you well with your health. Waterfall
    I am also under 5' tall. 4' 10" to be exact. I was given my name in New Zealand while trekking there. My trekmates knew that I was an obsessed Lord of the Rings fan and thus they gave me the name. I loved it and cherish it.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

All the best!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

++ New Posts ++