WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Status of GET in WV

Does anyone know what is the status of the GET in eastern WV (Twin Falls SP to Pearisburg). Last I heard (2013), it was very much incomplete. I can't find much info on the GET website.

Unfortunately it's still pretty incomplete and mostly unblazed. Tho, a lot is on pre existing trails and back roads. There is a rough map of the proposed trail, I'll see if I can find it when I get off work. ( I work at twin falls.) where are u from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a pretty good site. http://www.greateasterntrail.net/map...west-virginia/

The little green dot on the left ( to the right of pineville) is twin falls.

Thanks joe-4440I'm from & live Ireland, but I usually spend a summer month with my in-laws near Bluefield, VA. Over the past 8 years I've been section hiking the AT, 3-4 days at a time. I've pretty much completed the AT from Damascus to Rockfish gap, but logistics of getting to the trailhead are really starting to erode my hiking time so I am looking for other multiday hikes nearer Bluefield and came across the GET.The map you linked to is gives good indication of the location of the trail, but if I were actually thru' hiking the GET tomorrow, what's the best resource to figure out the trails/roads to use in WV?

It's hard to say, like I said its unmarked and unblazed and most locals don't even know about it, I mainly just know about my section around baileysville. I talked to joAnn someday Swanson today on Facebook. If you have Facebook, talk to her and Bart houlk, they are the trails first thru hikers plus Bart is from pineville (few miles from twin falls) they are pretty knowledgable. You should also talk to Tim mggraw he's the president of tugunu, the trail club over the southern wv section. They have a website. Tugunu.com. Joann also has a website gethiking.com and the one I mentioned earlier greateasterntrail.net are the best sites I've found. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Im learning about this myself.

Jo's www.gethiking.net is your best online resource, but please do contact her directly with any questions. She's eager to help in any way she can.

++ New Posts ++